Did you mean: 

Original topic:

System Updates

(Topic created: 08-13-2022 10:46 AM)
OddyNuf
Galaxy
Options
Tips
I don't see this mentioned in the tips section so check it out... When installing system updates, it's a good idea to wipe cache partition in recovery. This can help reduce the amount of problems you might face with new builds. To do this you have to turn off your phone and then power it back on holding the power and volume up buttons until the boot up screen comes on. That should take you into recovery. You'll use the volume keys to move up and down and power to select. Go to wipe cache partition and execute command. Then go to reboot and it should start up like normal. For those experiencing problems, If you haven't already, I would give this a try and see if it makes your beta experience better. 
15 Replies
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Tips
Yes, this is true. Also, even with a stable OS, I always wipe system cache every other week
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Tips
Wiping cache after updates, especially beta updates, is a VERY good tip. However those that are recommending doing it every week, I would caution against this. Building cache is one of the things that Android is doing when it says "optimizing apps". If you continually wipe the cache, you will negatively impact your battery life, as Android will start to rebuild it in the background over the first few days after Wiping. Google has set parameters for how and when this happens. I would recommend also using the "repair apps" function , if you're going to wipe cache weekly
DrFed
Comet
Options
Tips
I do this. I also wonder... Does cache automatically wipe when an update is installed? In other words, are we being redundant? Does anyone definitely know the answer to that question?
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Tips
No it doesn't
DrFed
Comet
Options
Tips
Thanks. Maybe Google should change this so it does.
0 Likes
galaxy-4-Life
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
Thanks sir
0 Likes