Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

T-Mobile 5G UC Slow?

(Topic created: 10-28-2021 09:20 PM)
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Tips
So my 5G UC seemed very slow to load any pages in any apps. I ran speed tests and was getting great speed results. However, using apps didn't match the reported speeds that I should be getting. If that seems the case for you then this should fix it.

Go into device settings. Then connections. Then SIM card manager. Turn off your active SIM and wait about 10 seconds. Turn that SIM back on.

Now your device should actually pull those speed test speeds in all your apps. 
10 Replies
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Tips
Just posting pics here. Screenshot_20211027-120356_Settings_21387.jpgScreenshot_20211026-182017_Speedtest_21353.jpgScreenshot_20211027-120435_Call settings_21389.jpg
0 Likes
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Tips
I haven't noticed 5G UC in nyc. Maybe its just my phone
0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Tips

That  Have you checked their map to see if it's in your area?

0 Likes
NachoTaco
Explorer
Options
Tips
My ex-wife and kids are having T-Mobile issues on non-beta phones. It's a general service issue.
0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Tips

That  too. We shouldn't have to resync our SIMs but I hope that helps them.

GalaxySizedRod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
All you have to do is toggle airplane mode. TMO network is 4G LTE, 5G NR, 5G NSA, and VoLTE on top. 5G NSA USES a 4g LTE fallback for voice and 5G NSA and NR and 4GLTE aren't designed to be deployed they way tmo has so your phone gets stuck In a hand offl oop snd the modem disconnects
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello @OffDatGoGo ,

Thank you for your Tip. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Markhoss
Asteroid
Options
Tips
Had 5G UC yesterday in Los Angeles. Did a speed test. 550 megabits per second. I was pretty impressed. I don't know if that's any different than when I'm near a Sprint 5G high band Tower. I have t-mobile.
0 Likes
pbaker76
Halo
Options
Tips
In Dallas TX on 5GUC.Screenshot_20211029-080339_Chrome_11687.jpg
0 Likes