DV40J3000EW/A2 dryer Issue

Constellation

Re: DV40J3000EW/A2 dryer Issue

The response I got from Samsung was sorry but it’s out of warranty plus the fact that I replaced 2 heating elements myself further voids the warranty. I don’t understand why they don’t recall it. When I spoke with a representative yesterday I was told that they have not received ANY complaints about this issue, so I sent them this link in an attempt to show them that’s untru and was told it would be passed on to a supervisor for review and no I would not be contacted by the supervisor. 🤦‍♀️ 

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Hello I'm experiecing the same issue after owning it for less than 18 months. I'm willing to participate in a class action law suit if there are enough signatures on this list of users.

I've never heard of dryer breaking in such a short of time for so many people-- and that includes the worst-of-the-market brands. This is an issue that needs to be corrected fast!

Asteroid

Just found this site. My dryer stopped heating today. I have had it for 2 years. I have already replaced the recalled washer to this set because it was putting brown specks (mold/mildew) all over our clothes. That's another issue with many, many posts. Now the dryer goes. Any ideas on how much the service is going to be? I'm wondering if i should just get a new dryer at this point. have had really bad luck with Samsung Appliances. 

Samsung Moderator

@userJyJZdk8OB8:  Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Model is: DV45H7000EW/A2

Serial number is: ********

Samsung Moderator

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair by using the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I have had my washer and dryer exactly 12 months and it stopped heating about 2 weeks ago. After going through everything I can I know that it is my heater element that is not working any more. Mine is a model DVE52M7750V/A3

I want to know what Samsung can do to fix this. If these turn into a class action suit I will be happy to sign up with it 

Samsung Moderator

@userogGBAr0yfP Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number here: Private Message Link

Constellation

Message sent
Highlighted
Constellation

Mine went out about 3 weeks ago. Found this board, sent a mod my model and serial number and was told to unplug, check breaker, turn breaker off then back on and plug back in. That didn't work. 

Purchased a thermal fuse and replaced it. Nothing. Purchased a heating element, thermostat and fuse and replaced it all. Heater started working. This was all replaced on 9/25/18. As of this morning, 10/11/18, my dryer no longer heats.  

Anyone else have fixes that actually worked longer than 2 weeks?