Front load washer (WF448AAW/XAA) leaking water at bottom during final spin cycle

Astronaut

Re: Front load washer (WF448AAW/XAA) leaking water at bottom during final spin cycle

[ Edited ]

've been having the same issue, except that the water was leakingout of the front of the machine. I took it apart today and realized that the leak had to be from the door diaghram, because it was only wet and corroded in the front panel section. I just ordered a new daiphragm which I hope will fix that - and also help with the slimy moldy stink that grows there when it gets warmer.  IMG_1414.jpgIMG_1371.jpg

Constellation

Re: Front load washer (WF448AAW/XAA) leaking water at bottom during final spin cycle

What are you gluing into place? I, of course, have been having the same issue. I know the valve that you are talking about but do not know what your age gluing.

Supernova

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

My washer has the same issue. The rubber hose connected to that valve everyone is talking about has been cut due to rubbing on the drum (front of the drum by the control panel). I have to now find some replacement hose or fix for it since I'm already out of warranty. Machine is less than two years old. I am Samsung brand loyal and have multiple products from them ( 3 phones, tablet, multiple tv's, washer and dryer) but I am very disappointed with this design and having to fix it out of my own time and money. 

Asteroid

Mine just developed this same issue.  But, mine doesn't have that white valve at the top.  It's a model WF328AAW/XAA.  It only puts down a small amount of water (less than a shot glass) and it appears to be during the final spin.  The service manual says to check the "ventilation hose".  However, the same manual's parts diagrams show no such part.  Very frustrating...

Samsung Moderator

Can you provide me with the serial number through a private message? http://bit.ly/2igAXKH 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Sadly, this problem with water leaking out of air vent happened to our brand new Samsung washing machine purchased a month ago. As you observed, it only happens on long cycles. In our case, it happens at a couple minutes before the end of the cycle when I enables extra rince in addition to normal cycle. The tech told me to use less detergent. But I wasn't even filling it up to the max mark. And I wasn't overloading with clothes either. It's definitely a design issue from Samsung. What a shame! Now I'm stuck with a brand new leaking washing machine.

Highlighted
Astronaut

This just happened to me too and I swear I have reinserted the filter properly after cleaning it!
Samsung Moderator

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your washer leaking.  Can you please describe in detail exactly what is happening with your unit.  Please provide the complete model code and serial number.

Constellation

Hello,

I'm experiencing a similar issue. My Samsung front load washer is about 19ish months old and has suddenly begun leaking from the bottom. I've gone through all water connections and they're not leaking at all. Therefore, the machine has developed an unexpected leak. Of course, the 12 month warranty has now passed...I would call this problem a manufacturer issue as it seems to be ALL over the internet. Same problem with no obvious fix.

Any assistance that can be offered would be outstanding. My apologies if I come off frustrated.

Model No. WF45K6500AV/A2

Thanks.