Original topic:

4 month old Flex Wash upper tub rusting

(Topic created: 06-07-2024 09:03 AM)
userPpxFFaE3Gf
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

on Feb 28 2024 we purchased the Samsung Flex Wash to replace our 8 year old Flex wash which the bearings had gone. within 3 weeks the top tub which we never used at that time was forming rust in the drain holes. I've never seen that on Stainless Steel or in a washing machine tub ever. Samsung replaced the upper tub, within a month and a half the same happened, only worse. we kept the lid up on the upper washer because it would fill with steam when using the washing machine, thinking that was the problem even though we never had to do that with our older machine. Samsung authorized the tub to be replaced again, then the day the technician was to come replace, Samsung rescinded  the authorization. I called Samsung and was told it was cosmetic and I will have to pay for it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was on hold for a long time, only to be told a supervisor is not available and I should expect a call within 24 business hours. 

I am extremely upset that Samsung would consider  a 4 month old machine with rusting drain holes cosmetic. maybe if it was old and kept in a garage but brand new? we are on city water and we use the correct detergent. and anyway, the main drum is fine nothing wrong at all, only the upper in which we only wash small items, etc. I believe it has something to do with inferior product use or something wrong with the machine where the steam is building up in the upper tub when the lower is being used but to tell me that it is cosmetic and I would have to pay for it is more than insulting.  next stop, washer 2.JPGwasher 1.JPGwasher 3.JPG BBB and or Consumer affairs. 

3 Replies
userPpxFFaE3Gf
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

these were the original photos, this is what it looks like todayIMG_3491.jpg

GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers
I would suggest reaching out to support to see what they maybe able to help with
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

userPpxFFaE3Gf
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you however, and that is where I usually will go for help, this time I was told this is cosmetic and I would have to pay for the replacement.