cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

8c

I am having the same exact issue with our same model washing machine and did not see an answer to fixing it. See below

Currently my washer will begin the cycle, shortly after filling with water and sometimes during it dings and displays 8C. It continues to run during the error and the error code goes away but the machine never begins washing. The time will actually starting going up rather than down. For awhile it would complete the cycle, but usually not without us intervening and changing to different settings, now not at all. The issue first started appearing at the end of the cycle when it would go to drain and it wouldn't drain the water out. Now it occurs at the beginning and it seems to happen when the tub should begin agitating. A few times I had to drain the water by putting it on Spin and setting it for No Spin.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I've searched every corner of the internet but can't find any information regarding this particular model. I've read something's referencing the MEMS sensor but no explanations on how to diagnose and confirm that that is the issue.

::UPDATE:: Now it wont even start! I press start, it locks then dings and you hear the drain pump run for about 3 minutes then nothing. Wont do anything afterwards eunless you power off and back on then the same results every time.... The only thing i can get it to do is fill the sink on top and drain out...

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 8c

I do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you provide me with your model number? I would love to look into this further for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.