cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUEC1BzmaEr
Asteroid

Another brown Residue Disgusting! issues

Had to creat a new form since i could not post in the current ones.

IMG_20190809_174714.jpgIMG_20190809_174742.jpgIMG_20190809_174758.jpgIMG_20190904_155143.jpg

I have the model - WA48H7400AW/A2 with same recall, and same disgusting brown residue. And have ran multiple cleaning cycles to no avail. The posted solution to all of these brown sludge problems DOES NOT WORK and is misleading. One lady at Samsung said that the drain wholes can become misaligned in this model series. So you can see how that would lead to water being left behind in the lower basket and allow this brown sludge to form accumulate.

And the recall refund offer was a slap in the face. mine is 5 years old and was only offered $34 for a refund. Obviously this is a very wide spread problem for this model series. Just look at all the complaints and pics in these forms.

i went the route of repair to fix the brown sludge reside issues that is common with these units. and it had been a nightmare and a waist of two months trying to get someone to honor the promised "one time out of warranty repair for my washing machine". I contacted a Samsung moderator in one of the other brown sludge Disgusting forms (which i cannot reply to now). and was told a tech would be out to thoroughly inspect my washing machine and repair it. First tech (Tekniton) showed up with a camera (no tools) and did not even begin to disassemble the unit. I HAD to pull of the pulsator cap to show him the brown sludge underneath! - later found out that Tekniton is a worthless company.

then i was told i had to complete the recall and then they would address the real problem of the brown sludge residue. and that after the recall was completed, i would have a renewed 1 year warranty.

with recall complete, set up for tech to come out to address the real issue. Then the evening before, Tekniton left a message saying that there was mold and cancelled my appointment. I called Samsung back, and was 100% assured that a tech would arrive the next day as scheduled to inspect my washing machine and my appointment was confirmed still active. Guess who didnt show up? Tekniton. I took the day off just to be here all day for Tekniton to bail on my assured appointment.

Called Tekniton to ask why i have not heard from the Tech yet, and was told that since my machine had rust and mold they were not coming out. I ask where the result for mold came from and what type of mold was it? Then it changed to your machine shows signs of rust and in the pics and it looked like mold or mildew. So they claimed mold with no verification. And they were not coming out because Samsung doesnt cover mold. That is not the case because Samsung requested form them to come out. Samsung approved for a tech to come out and thoroughly inspect the unit and perform repairs as necessary. Maybe they are claiming the residue is rust which is insane – rust doesn’t smudge nor float. there is way to much residue and too little rust on this unit to add up. plus when the residue is on my clothes, you have to be careful not to smudge it when removing it to prevent staining more clothes. there is no way this is rust buildup.

Called Samsung back, and they said they didnt know why Tekniton was refusing to come out.

Since i do have some rust around the bleach reservoir, that is another recall and they will now have a tech come out to address that. And then i have to press the tech to look at the brown sludge residue. so that they will indicate there are other issues with the unit that need repaired. Now Tekniton refused to accept the job to repair the bleach rust recall. And i am waiting for Samsung to find another company to accept the job.

Two months in still un-resolved. Samsung still has not even got a tech to come out, disassemble the unit to find out what is the actual problem. From the form, i know others with the same issue has at least had a tech come out to disassemble and inspect the unit. I cannot even get that to happen and now i am even under warranty.

Samsung promised a one time out of warranty inspection and repair for this issue. Then assured me that now that i am in warranty after the recall repair, that they will finally have someone inspect and repair my unit. After two months, nothing but headaches and still continue to get brown sludge on my cloths and see lots of it in the cleaning cycles. And i have to run not one but two cleaning cycles back to back. if you only run one, the next load of clothes with be covered in brown sludge residue. This all is just unbelievable. And Samsung need to sever their ties with Tekniton or at least in the Charlotte, NC area.

model - WA48H7400AW/A2

SN - <hidden>

first ticket - 4150734084 / second ticket 4150957872 / special claim # 5123497304

17 REPLIES 17
userBd4ANnoZ9w
Asteroid

Re: Another brown Residue Disgusting! issues

We have the same situation.  Samsung sent a tech who took the machine apart.  The parts were disgusting.  They say we need new parts, which are on back order, which they won't pay for.  We're left with a machine that spews nasty brown stuff all over our clothes. Customer Service says they can't help. Where is the recall for this obvious problem?

carglow
Asteroid

I have same problem too.  Model #WA45H7000AW/A2.

Had service call & did not fix problem.  I am over it....buying another washer/dryer and will not be a Samsung.  The worst washer ever!

user7OelkdZoJo
Constellation

Oh my gosh you guys, this is the exact problem I am having! My washer started doing this when it was two years old. We replaced hoses, cleaned our water pipes out because we thought it was something in our water/pipes because SURELY this couldn’t be coming from our new Samsung. We went so far as to put in a complete water filtration system throughout our house to the tune of $5,000!  If you even touch that brown gunk on your clothes it will stick to them.  We went on vacation for two weeks and when I did the first load of laundry after it sat for two weeks it was so bad that the dryer didn’t even take it off. I had to throw away two pairs of linen pants and a couple of tops. I’m so disgusted by this issue and the fact that Samsung doesn’t stand by their product is deplorable! My husband bought the Samsung Family Hub refrigerator with all the technology on it I have little faith that it will last. If they don’t fix this we are done with them and I will be very vocal on social media about this company.  Come on Samsung, step up and do the right thing.  Help us all out and fix this. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user7OelkdZoJo I certainly understand your frustrations and would be delighted to look into this for you. Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number?

carglow
Asteroid

I wanted you to know you are not alone. I had the same problem for at least the last 2 years & washer only 3 years old. Samsung sent a tech out 1 time & I had to pay for parts. It was no help. I & others figured out the Samsung washer has a design flaw with the drum which leaves water inside causing residue to form. I spent hours cleaning the machine with all Samsung’s suggestions, cleaned hoses & everything I could get to including which water sprays out. I have given up & purchased a basic LG washer & dryer.  Such a waste of money. Did not see any of these reviews before purchasing. Samsung still selling this model. I would love to see class action lawsuit about this issue. 

userP4mxklDu2t
Constellation

I am also experiencing this issue! I've had my Samsung washer for only 3 years and I can't  believe this is happening. I've ran the "self-clean" cycle multiple times and the problem worsens. All I get is more brown gunk!!! It's disgusting that I have to use a flour sifter to remove this brown gunk! I'm disappointed that Samsung won't address this issue, but I shouldn't be surprised since the company didn't do anything when they issued a first recall for the washers exploding or detaching. Maybe we should start another class action lawsuit for this issue as well. It seems no one admits fault until a lawsuit begins. 

userWNPQ84hWRu
Constellation

Your pictures of the inside of the washer look exactly like my washing machine! I don't even know where to turn. Social media!? Samsung obviously can't fix the problem. It is so gross. Samsung says run the washing machine through the clean cycle. Done that! Wiped it out. Comes back with the next load!

Highlighted
userUEC1BzmaEr
Asteroid

Part 2

my response to a Samsung moderator asking how the repair is going - Hint -  ITs NOT! No one has even throughly look at it yet, as promised, nearly 2 months later. First contat was 7/21/19 - still nowhere with it.

your question was how is the repair going. the answer is it has not happened yet. have had many issues, the first ticket - tech came out (Tekniton) with a phone (no tools) and just took pics. I had to pull the pulsator cap off myself to show him what was underneath. - no follow up

Recall ticket - Dish tech came out to perform the safety recall

second ticket - Tekniton was scheduled to come out 9/4/19 to finally do a proper inspection - canceled the day before. called samsung the assured me with absolute a tech will still come to inspect the unit on 9/4 since i took the day off (was told this 9/3 at 7PM) - Tekniton REFUSED to come out.

Third ticket and another recall was set up evening of 9/4 - Samsung customer service rep tried to assign it to Tekniton and they REFUSED the work order. Work order was then assigned to A&E service - Tech was to arrive today 9/9 to perform recall and to thoroughly inspect our unit (remember that one time out of warranty repair offer and then the fact that my unit is now in warranty since i have a 1 year warranty after the first recall was completed) finally so we can find out what the true problem is. An hour before he was to arrive, he informed us that there was an $89 service fee and that the ticket was set up such that we to pay for all cost. was called by Samsung on 9/3 and informed that he was closing my third ticket since we were now working under A&E ticket. I asked what that meant and was the entire cost still going to be covered by Samsung? He say YES entirely. No true - third ticket was not set up correctly supposedly.

Forth ticket (includes second  recall) – set up for non other then Tekniton  to come out  Wed 9/11 – remember  the company  that cancelled on me and  then  REFUSED  to come out twice after that? And that last time they were here they didn’t even begin to disassemble the unit.

I asked the Samsung today to verify that Tekniton would agree to come out wed. He said they have too. I said well they did refuse before. How is it possible that they have too when they can and DID refuse? Once again I was absolutely assured they will be her Wed and Fully inspect the unit. We will see what happens.

Really, be straight with me. Is this all really just some BS run around and the now warranty and promised one time out of  warranty repair is just a sham or fake?

usergsZ4PR75Y7
Asteroid

Going to keep posting about this till samsung does something. I contacted them 2 weeks ago about this issue and customer support basically said tough luck and if you want it fixed thats your problem and you have to pay for it. Posted on the last forum about this and they wanted all my information so they could come out and i still havent heard back from them. Crickets. How do you pressure a company into issuing a recall? who do you have to talk to?