cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Another brown Residue Disgusting! issues

Good afternoon, I see we were already speaking in private messages. I will follow up with you there.

userBd4ANnoZ9w
Asteroid

We tell everyone we can about our experience with our washer, and about our experience with Samsung customer service.

userUEC1BzmaEr
Asteroid

My advice is to reach out to the Samsung moderators (like at the top of this form you see MOD SamsungLarry) in this form. i messaged several of them like 5 or so and one of them took over my case and helped me. And Local News.

this will be a process and with take some time and patience. expect at least 2 months. i had to endure a tech coming out and make a diagnosis without any tools in less than 5 minutes. then i feel they tried to railroad me out of my claim (Tekniton = worthless). i pressed that i was promised a thorough inspection and  never received it. Samsung sent another company out but the ticket was set up where i was to pay. The customer service guy lied and said i would not have to pay. And I also had to have a safety recall completed before they would come back out.

I was to the point that I was asking for corporate contacts to inform them of my issue and atrocious customer service experience. Via google, I found some Samsung corporate email address and began emailing them.

I also reached out to a local News station to see if they would be interested in having one of their investigative reports pick up the story. Like an “On your side” team or the ones that go after fraud and scams.

I don’t believe there is a fix for this problem, one appliance repair said they didn’t know of a fix for this model but then they were the ones that show up without tools. The second repair company (the one that didn’t arrive because they were looking for payment from us vice Samsung) didn’t respond to my question. I had called their tech twice and left a message asking if he had ever fixed or know of a fix for this problem on this model. I never got a response.

In the end, I don’t know what triggered a Samsung moderator (possible corporate) to contact me and offer a substantial refund. Of which I accepted. I was very cautious and nervous about signing the terms of the acceptance form – didn’t want it to turn out like the poor service I received thus far. But in the end, Samsung kept to their word and paid the refund that was offered. Don’t give up until you are happy with some form of compensation.

If they had not done right by me, you would have likely heard about this on the news. But it did not get that far.

userVlH3tFk4xk
Asteroid

We need to file a class action law suit. I have been having this issue for at LEAST 5 YEARS. No one on here has a fix and no one has said Samsung helped at all. Conveniently, all posts mentioning class action law suit won't allow replies. I'm so sick of this issue, I'm ready to fight Samsung all the way. We need to all get together and sue them. Let's go! Contact me at <hidden> and let's get this party started.

userqgSYrELhi7
Astronaut

I use Lysol laundry sanitizer in every load  don't know if it will work for everyone but i love it. Best thing ever!! 

https://www.appliancerepairfortsmith.com/fortsmith

user7tmkew2rdH
Asteroid

Have had the same problem and had an appliance guy come out twice with 20+ years experience..he took apart the machine and cleaned it thoroughly..I’ve run numerous self clean cycles afterwards and still get the same brown gunk...it’s the washer itsslf...very poor product...hundreds of ppl are having the same problem and Samsung is doing nothing about it

user8PVruCXvPc
Astronaut

We have the same model, same issue. My wife and I just moved into a new house and are pulling these units (dryer too) for replacements. We ran at least 20 cycles alternating between self clean and high heat / high soil setting with vinegar and detergent, no noticeable improvement. This is a design flaw and ought to be covered by Samsung as it is clearly a defective product with no solution to the average consumer. Really dissapointed by this product and the lack of action on Samsung's part, where is the recall? Surely this poses a health and wellness issue as mold on ones clothing / bedding cannot be good for you. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Sorry to hear this. We would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please send us a private message to the link below. 

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user4sczwsiXUr
Constellation

I am having similar issue. I have model wa45k7600aw/a2 and I get those flakes. Has Samsung done anything? Mine is only 2 years old. Now I wonder if this is the reason we have all gotten sick so often. I am really upset about this. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We're sorry to hear of this. Please reach out to us via private message LINK if you'd like for us to look into this.