Original topic:

Are Samsung washers decent/good?

(Topic created: 11-22-2021 05:41 AM)
userzbrh74VAMa
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Our washer, a Kenmore (Whirlpool) HE top load washer that we bought in late 2010 for about $430, has unending problems. We've tried replacing multiple parts and run basically every cycle possible, but it just would get stuck at one (not any particular) stage. So we just bought a Samsung top load HE washer to replace it. It's the Samsung wa45m7050aw/a4, $550. We haven't picked it up from Sears yet. However, I've heard that Samsung washers aren't as reliable as LG. What are your thoughts about 

We were between this and a $550 LG top load. The LG one was a little too big for our use case.

0 Likes
2 Replies
userNcNVkG9qnx
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I really hope you didn't buy this washer. Mine is 3 years old and we've had nothing but problems. Doesn't wash large blankets without constantly stopping and showing error codes. Now we have rust build-up that is coming out into the washing machine and settling at the bottom after a wash cycle. Taken it apart as much as possible and can't locate the source. 

user3scOnS17MA
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

We've had a Samsung washer/dryer combo for 5 years, and we've had to have them repaired several times.  Our top-load washer was recalled about a year after we bought it, so we accepted Samsung's free repair offer instead of replacing it.  The pump just failed and will cost over $300 to repair it.  The dryer has been repaired at least twice.  We will never buy another Samsung appliance.

0 Likes