cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userczftMprzg7
Constellation

Brand New Washer Lid Breaking at Hinge

My husband and i purchased a samsung washer and dryer set may 2018. Only a few months after having it the left upper corner of the lid started to crack. It was small almost unnoticeable. Days later, the right side started to do the same. The plastic started to separate from the hinge and now the hinge is completely sticking out. I contacted Samsung in March 2019, within the one year manufacturer warranty and explained the situation. We were advised to get a copy of the receipt and were told that as long as we had proof that we purchased the washer they would be able to fix it. I was told by a representative that the date we called was the date that they would base it off of. Due to some health issues, we were not able to get to the store right away to get a copy. As soon as we were able to, my husband e-mailed samsung on May 13th 2019, we purchased the unit May 16th 2018. STILL WITHIN MANUFACTURER WARRANTY! We were told our claim was being processed. After weeks of not hearing ANYTHING from Samsung, I called them to find out what the status of the claim was. They told me that they couldn't fix it and it wasn't their problem because "we broke the lid" and that isn't their fault and that it's past the warranty date. Explain to me how someone breaks a lid on a $700 washer? Anyway, i called them back and got another representative who actually wanted to help me and was ready to schedule a service call until her supervisor told her this is not something that Samsung will fix and if i have a warranty through Home Depot, where we purchased it, to go through them. Well same result. Home Depot sent a technician out who even told my husband that samsung washers are terrible and not made well, and took pictures of the damage and sent it to Home Depot for approval. I waited a week and called them again today. I was informed our claim was denied because of "misuse"of the lid. HOW DO YOU MISUSE A LID? I literally told this woman that this is ridiculous, it's not like we sit on the washer, slam it down, decide to do weight lifts with this lid, how do you MISUSE A LID??? I told her that this is ridiculous, i will NEVER purchase another Samsung product ever again in my life. The fact that they blame the owner of the washer instead of trying to fix the POS plastic is riduclous. For over $700 this is just mindblowing. I'm infuriated with both Home Depot and Samsung and i'm ready to file a claim with the BBB. This is ridiculous, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG. All i wanted was my lid fixed, i had no idea this would result in a constant headache and more issues to come with this washer. Also because of the fact the washer lid doesn't close, it also doesn't lock so the unit just has the motor running when you first turn it on. This is the worst appliance i have ever purchased and i will make sure every person i know does not support a company like this and Home depot. "Misuse of a lid" and "you broke it" are two things said WORD FOR WORD by the employees of Samsung and Home Depot. This is just appalling.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brand New Washer Lid Breaking at Hinge

Oh no!  Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userczftMprzg7
Constellation

Reference #S0101 Receipt #4102-00097-03553

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Any reference numbers provided by Samsung?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.