Constellation

Re: Brand new Dryer DV42H5200EW/A high pitch squealing sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happening to me!!!! Help

Mer2112
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had mine repaired on Friday. It was the belt tensioner. The wheel was meltedto the point it was almost falling off the shaft. I'm hoping they used an upgraded design/part for the repair.

userguqRvs9mZF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ref wo # 4146431854. My repair for the same problem was $190.00. How do I get a favorable outcome like below?

Samsung should make good on my repair I had to pay out of my pocket for a problem they know has existed.

Pete Reich

Highlighted
annieoaklie
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this problem with my Samsung dryer model #DV45K6500EV making a high pitched shrieking sound on and off.  It is 4 months out of warranty.  When I called Samsung customer service, they refused to acknowledge that this is a known issue with the motor bearings part even after I told him there was a newer, remanufactured part that Samsung has released to resolve this issue.  They said I will have to pay for this repair.  Still waiting to hear from the repair people.  I think it is ridiculous that they will not extend a one time courtesy repair on a common, known issue such as this.  I really regret purchasing this dryer.  I hope there will be a class action suit to reimburse consumers for this.

Ticket #4146725236

userfxeF7tikDB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE:

Samsung authorized a one-time repair for our dryer's squealing problem - the idler pulley assembly needed to be replaced.  The repair company was very good, coming when they said they would and fixing the problem quickly.  We hope this new part will last much longer than the original.

=====================================================================

We're having the same problem with our dryer (DV50K8600GV/A3), and it's only 5 months out of warranty.  I contacted Customer Support, and the rep repeatedly claimed that there were no reported issues for this problem, which is laughable - I think that's their standard response.  I referenced this thread having over 200 posts and 41,000 views, and the Samsung rep insinuated that these complaints may be falsified.  I said it doesn't make sense that so many people would take the time and effort to post false complaints, and he didn't respond. 

I then chatted with his supervisor, who asked me to check whether the dryer was level.  We measured it more than once, and described our findings to the supervisor, and he admitted that it sounded level.  He then asked us to run the dryer while empty (no squealing) and then with a load (squealing with a below-average sized load).  After all of that, he still refused to cover any repair.

We had bought a matching washer with the dryer, and it ended up having a recall because of the possibility of the top of the washer exploding.  Addressing the recall was a fiasco, as Samsung assigned the repair to two different local repair shops, and it took several phone calls with Samsung and the repair shops before anyone actually made it out to perform the repair.

We're extremely disappointed that we paid a premium for this pair instead of buying a more-established brand such as Whirlpool.  Our prior Whirlpool washer lasted about 30 years, and the dryer 7 years, before needing replacement.  We will be sure to post our experience on the Consumer Reports and Best Buy websites to warn potential buyers of Samsung appliances. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to have this repaired.  It's slightly out of warranty, but I would like to offer you a one time accommodation to cover the repair.  If interested, please verify your name, address, telephone number and place of purchase.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfxeF7tikDB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you - I will send you our info in a private message.

T & K Chu

usercR3TTDiweb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our dryer is squeaking horribly as well. Four towels and one hand towel is drying. It’s doing it with every load. It’s really loud.

We bought it 1/14/17 with the matching washing machine. MultiSteam VentSensor. Model DV45K6500EV/A3.

Please call us if you can repair it. It’s so loud that my husband has to turn it off when he is on a call (he’s a sales director and works from home).

Rachel 

<Hidden>

We bought it at Lowe’s in Frisco.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly I don't have the ability to have someone call you but I can look into this for you myself. Mind shooting me a message here with the serial number of the unit: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.