cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userivuimBUdOu
Asteroid

Re: Brand new Dryer DV42H5200EW/A high pitch squealing sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought I should let you know that, in spite of Samsung's efforts to make an obvious warranty issue much more difficult than necessary, our dryer was repaired this past Monday (under warranty). I was prepared to provide the documentation via my IPad, but I couldn't get the notification sent to my personal email address, inspite of providing it twice. Fortunately, the service company was able to cut through Samsung's BS and provide the repairs.
The service man informed me that issue was with the idler arm and pulley. SS apparently introduced a "fix" on later models and provied a "kit" to service companies. What I don't understand is why SS makes it so difficult to get this well documented problem? They should at least provide the fix to anyone who has purchased this machine, warranty or not. If it ia not in warranty, at least give the option of paying for labor only.
The service man returned on Wednesday to replace a steam valve that was leaking water profusely. So I guess this complaint can be closed.
I still can't get comfortable with trying that I won't encounter problems with the washing machine. I almost hope it happens after the mfg warranty expires so I don't have to jump through Samsung's flaming hoops! We have the year extended warranty and I'll just have to call the company that just repaired the dryer!

userOwAtIgiT5s
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow- I had the exact same issue. Dryer started making a noise so loud, sounds like a belt rubbing against something. I have had the washer and dryer for 18 months. Unbelievable. Didn’t washer/dryers used to last for Atleast 15 years? I too had the recall. Total lemons. Noe I get to pay the 100 fee for my home appliances warranty. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Tommy Collins
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a replacement part with a wheel bearing I just found finally: https://goo.gl/VN6wtB

Please do yourselves a favor and buy this now and replace it yourself (watch YouTube videos, it's easy). Don't wait until your motor burns out and you're paying $200+ 

userDUoOcIzp6W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing with mine, it was "serviced" once during warranty for this very issues, man came out, turned it on, no noise, and said, " can't do nothing" and left, now about 5 mounths out of warranty and still making the noise...It wont do it all the time, but it sure does stink when youre trying to sleep and dry clothes for the next morning. We only do about 2-4 loads every week so it has not been abused at all. I would be interested to know what can be done. I just went to set up a service online and it just says out of warranty and to call a local company to fix..

userVZoQlV25ye
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My dryer just started making the same squealing noise last night. Ours is about 2 1/2 years old. In reading all of these entries, the question I have is even if the failing parts are replaced, how long will they last? Another 2 years? Spending $800 on a dryer that needs to be repaired and seeing so many with the same problem - why isn't Samsung doing more to offset the repair costs?
uservGwoAqoMGZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update on my Samsung dryer I posted about on June 1st. In the time it took to see what Samsung's response to my issue was (which they didn't respond at all) I went to start my dryer and it wouldn't spin. Ended up going to a local appliance shop and buying a new idler pulley, for $50.00, and repairing it ourselves. This was a 2+ hour job because due to where the pulley is located you basically have to take apart the entire dryer. And while we did fix the problem we already know in another year or so we are going to have to do this all over again because the idler pulley will fail again. When we took our dryer apart we actually found our old idler pulley lying on the bottom of our dryer, completely melted off! I still have the old melted part because I'm not giving up on this issue, shotty workmanship caused this problem and horrible customer service has only made dealing with the problem worse. This is a well documented problem, Samsung should be recalling or providing free service to these dryers. After adding this to my growing list of problems with my Samsung washer and dryer I can promise I will NEVER purchase another appliance from them. 

userw5a4w0mUsG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I, too, will never purchase another Samsung appliance!  My dryer problems started 2 months out of warranty with the loud squealing sound.  Pulley/roller/whatever you call it was replaced.  Since then, I've had 4 more service calls, the pulley/roller replaced *again*, plus belts, etc.  Have another service appointment set for Monday, because the dryer isn't turning.  This is the 2nd time for this problem.

I'm very grateful that I purchased an extended warranty from my retailer, but I am so fed up with these frequent repairs!  I'm told that the warranty company may end up replacing the dryer completely when the repairs exceed replacement costs -- I'm already 1/2 way there! I just hope they allow me to replace it with something other than a Samsung

Qfine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
High pitch sound in dryer I need your help please.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Qfine Does it happen on all load sizes and modes? Have you confirmed that it is not rubbing against anything when operating?