Original topic:

Brand new front load washer wets clothes but no water in tub

(Topic created: 05-06-2021 03:35 PM)
userthsWiTeXCC
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I had a new Samsung front load washer delivered two days ago. It has replaced an old Frigidaire front load so I'm familiar with how they differ from top loads in that they require a lower volume of water. However, with the first use I could see that not enough water was entering the tub which resulted in the laundry only becoming wet but there was no standing water in the tub when I pushed pause to check. I immediately called customer service to see if this was how late model front load washers normally operate. He said that the laundry should be submerged halfway up with water. He advised that I call a plumber and gave me a ticket number. The plumbers arrived today, verified the psi is 60, cleared debris from lines and tested that both hot and cold water run into the tub at a high volume and psi.

Confident that the problem was solved, I ran Calibration and then put in a load of towels on the normal load default settings. As the cycle began, water entered at a high rate and the load became saturated as the tub rotated back and forth. When water stopped entering the tub and the wash cycle began the towels just flopped back and forth in a tub devoid of water. I don't understand this. How do clothes get clean without water to agitate in?

All I can assume is that I have a defective washer. The customer service number is no help. I've called every toll-free number on every document I have related to this purchase. Can someone please help me? Who do I talk to about this?

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Does this happen on all cycles or only with the towels?

Silly question, but are you using the correct cycle for the load? Many other cycles are available on your washing machine and choosing the right cycle for the job will ensure the correct amount of water is used for the job as well.

Have you tried to use different settings like Extra Rise, Aqua Jet, or Deep Fill? This allows the unit the add more water. Some units have these features and some don't, but if your unit does not have the setting above con't below.

Check for an error code.

In most cases, if the washer is truly having a problem supplying the amount of water it is supposed to, it will display an error code or blinking lights.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9mAm3rSPpJ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I had a new Samsung front load washer delivered two days ago. It has replaced an old Frigidaire front load so I'm familiar with how they differ from top loads in that they require a lower volume of water. However, with the first use I could see that not enough water was entering the tub which resulted in the laundry only becoming wet but there was no standing water in the tub when I pushed pause to check. I immediately called customer service to see if this was how late model front load washers normally operate. He said that the laundry should be submerged halfway up with water. He advised that I call a plumber and gave me a ticket number. The plumbers arrived today, verified the psi is 60, cleared debris from lines, and tested that both hot and cold water run into the tub at a high volume and psi.

Confident that the problem was solved, I ran Calibration and then put in a load of towels on the normal load default settings. As the cycle began, water entered at a high rate and the load became saturated as the tub rotated back and forth. When the water stopped entering the tub and the wash cycle began the towels just flopped back and forth in a tub devoid of water. I don't understand this. How do clothes get clean without water to agitate in?

All I can assume is that I have a defective washer. The customer service number is no help. I've called every toll-free number on every document I have related to this purchase. Can someone please help me? Who do I talk to about this?

Recently, happened to me

0 Likes