cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Brand new gas dryer. DVEG54R7200. Haven’t even used it yet. Cooling light stays on

Cooling light stays on.   Haven't even used it yet.  Service center and chat are "closed".  You would think someone could work from home to help customers after they pay $900 for a dryer.   This dryer replaced my 5 yr old Samsung dryer.  HELP

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brand new gas dryer. DVEG54R7200. Haven’t even used it yet. Cooling light stays on

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur after unplugging and replugging the dryer up? Does it stay on after running the dryer? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Brand new gas dryer. DVEG54R7200. Haven’t even used it yet. Cooling light stays on

After several tries the heat began to work.  Question is.......why does the cooling light stay illuminated all the time?

thanks for your reply. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the cooling light is staying on even when not is use service would be recommended, since you did just recently purchased it you can go back to your place of purchase for an exchange on the unit. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Cooling light is on anytime the power is on. I CANNOT return.  I CANNOT have it serviced.  I CANNOT exchange it because of the covid19 virus.  I guess I have to wait until all this is over.   Just such a shame that the Samsung brand is not a premium brand anymore.   

Highlighted
Asteroid

I was able to exchange the dryer.  I'm still getting the cooling light.   Is this normal?  I've scoured the manual and find no mention of the cooling light.    Can anyone help me?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are sorry to hear about this. Can you send a photo of the control panel?

Highlighted
Asteroid

F09E10DE-264B-42A1-99B3-1EFCF1ACE4AF.jpeg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This is actually normal for this model. When you run a cycle, Drying or Cooling will blink, advising you where in the cycle the dryer is.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Mine is doing the same thing and it's actually not heating in Eco Dry, but I am waiting 15 days for an exchange!!! And I'm unsure if the exchange will be new or used and I'm beyond aggravated with spending so much money and getting the run around!