cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userG3hiW1Jces
Constellation

Broken lid, Samsung won't repair

I purchased the washer  WA52M7750AV/A4  in September 2018  from Lowes. In December, the left side broke and it was repaired with no questions asked.  In April, the same thing happened.  Samsung denied due to supposibly physical damage.   By the looks on this website, I am not the first to have this issue.  I would appreciate some assistance with getting this resolved.

Thank you,

Julie 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Broken lid, Samsung won't repair

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userG3hiW1Jces
Constellation

Samsung needs to correct their defective problem.  As you can see, I am not the only one who has had the same issue within less than a year of ownership.   As a company, I know you are trying to make money which all companies are, but Samsung needs to stand behind their product.  I know you have your guidelines and procedures, but there is a obvious problem with the lid and hinge.   You know as well as I do, if you were in my position you would be saying the same thing that I am and want the company to stand behind their products.  

userwygxhVEl2f
Constellation

I am having the same issue. I've had mine for 9 months and left hinge broke through the plastic. They say its physical damage and the tech wont repair it. Said i could put a piece of tape on it and set something heavy on top of it to make it work. Not acceptable. 

userG3hiW1Jces
Constellation

I don't understand why Samsung can not see that they have a problem.  Common sense would say, if the left hinge keeps breaking and multiple people are having the issues in less than a year of ownership that there is a problem.   If there are multiple of people on here. can you imagine how many people out there don't even know about this website.  

userwMFQdXpkgL
Constellation

I have a washer in a house I just started renting, the left hinge was cracked slightly when I went to use it the first time but it still opened and closed, today after washing my second load the left hinge locked in the up position and the plastic broke. Who do I contact with serial # manufacture date info?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would be happy to look into this. Can you send the model and serial numbers here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F ?

userRgTjfWxb4I
Constellation

We have the WA52M7750AV/A4  and the hinge broke on ours as well!!  I looked inside, it seems the issue is that the spring loaded left hinge, is carrying all the load, and there is a plastic tongue built into the lid... the hinge, and a backing plate screw together to hold the hinge in place;

IMG_1748.jpgPoor design...the plastic can't take the routine normal use of opening and closing.IMG_1747.jpgOnce the plastic breaks...nothing to hold the hinge in place.

It doesn't take long for the plasitc, heating and cooling (esp. if you use the steam/sanitize features) to get brittle, crack and then break off; After it breaks, there is nothing for the hinge and the backing plate to hold onto, and now your lid just flops around.  (See photos)

I'm a *HUGE* Samsung fan, too; Very sad.

-Jacques

userG3hiW1Jces
Constellation

Amazing how many supposible, same physical damages are the same issue.  Hmmm, did we all get together to figure out we could break the left hinge in the same place?  Obvious,  I agree faulty parts with faulty workmanship.  

Very disappointed in Samsung.  They should stand behind their product