cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Washer WA48J7700AW Lid Broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same problem with the left hinge and now the washer won't start unless I hold it down and who knows if the kid will fly off. I've tried to get assistance on here before and the customer service rep did nothing to help. When we first bought the washer a few months later they simply gave us a sticker the first time the washer was recalled, but we have the exact issue as everyone else with our model that supposedly has nothing wrong with it other than needing to change the bedding settings which we follow. We would really appreciate a repair as we are very disappointed with the machine.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issue 3 times. Samsung customer service initially sent me a tech who told me it would be covered under warranty. After weeks of waiting I finally called and they told me it would not be covered because it was physical damage. Basically go pound sand. So three lid replacements at over $200 each, even after the recall repair. They only offered me $200 towards a different one or the recall repair which is garbage considering I paid almost $900 for it a few months earlier. Garbage engineering from a garbage company that has zero quality. I finally just modified the lid with some aluminum L bracket. Now the 4th lid is breaking. You can't make this up. A whole kitchen full of garbage Samsung appliances that I am slowly replacing with much better quality GE. Good customer service with them too. Save yourself the time, money and headache. Don't buy Samsung. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am just having the same issue now, washer model WA52J8700AP, the left side of the hinge too like everyone else is claiming. I had been finding small pieces of disintegrating plastic in the wash basin and noticed it was the plastic trim falling apart, now it is bulging and doesn't close properly.

Is there any assistance on this issue, or do I just hope water doesnt spray all over my washroom? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that repairs would be recommended for this issue, depending on the warranty of the washer you do have a couple of options if the washer is still within warranty you can send me or any of the mods a private message and we can get that set up for you.

Or if the washer is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area to get set up for service. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Broken lid on my washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are experiencing the symptoms above please send us a private message with the following information to have your case reviewed.

Pictures:

Full Model Code:

Full Serial Number:

Messages can be sent by visiting any mod's profile or by using the PM link below:   http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

If you would like to purchase any parts feel free to reach out to our part distributor, J & J Parts, at 800-627-4368 or samsungparts.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WHERE CAN I PURCHASE REPLACEMENT HINGES

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have WA54M8750AV/A4 ACTIVEWASH , how can i get replacement hinges for both left and right?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Parts can be purchased at www.samsungparts.com or calling in at a 800-627-4368.

Highlighted
Constellation

WA50F9A6DSW/A2 Lid Broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Originial washer lid broke on the left hinge May of 2019. We ordered a $300 new lid, it broke on the left hinge again a few months ago and now the right hinge is completely shattered as well. Help please!

Highlighted
Constellation

Top load washer lid broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has been a progressive issue on this Samsung top load washer he have had this issue corrected once and now it's starting to break again.  The last time this washer lid collapsed on my pregnant wife as she was reaching in doing laundry.  Can someone from Samsung please respond and let me know what can be done about this issue I have included the model number below.

model# WA50K8600AV/AA