JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Broken lid on my washer

(Topic created: 12-14-2020 08:19 PM)
shah123
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I bought this washer over a year ago.  A month or so later I found out about the recall and we chose to get it fixed.  Samsung sent a tech to fix the washer as per recall repair instructions.

But now the lid is broken right at the left hinge.  The plastic frame that holds the glass is broken where the left hinge is and the hinge is popping out.

This is crazy.  I am really disappoionted in the quality of this washer.  First it is exploding, and now the hinge broke for no reason.  I wonder if this happened because of the recall repairs.  The washer has been gently used and there is no reason for the hinge to break like this.  Does anyone know what can be done at this point?

151 Replies
userg7fJQpgFOe
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I bought this washer from Lowe's back December 2018.  In November of 2019 the lid cracked at the left hinge.  No excessive use or any abuse to it whatsoever.  It was under warranty and they came out and replaced the lid.  Then yesterday, SAME THING.  Cracked in the same place!  I just don't understand this at all.  I bought the extended Lowe's warranty but they said it's not covered.  I can't afford to repair it or replace it and based on all of the reviews I've seen, it's definitely a Samsung issue.  They need to get a real fix for the recurring issue and get it together.  For the money I spent on it I most definitely shouldn't have to be making major repairs to it on a yearly basis especially for the exact same issue!!

scotmosk
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Model WA40J3000AW/A2  My washer was "fixed" under the recall in 2016. Now the left side of the lid is broken so the door won't close. The 5 year warranty expired last week. I called Samsung and they said if the recall was done then its not covered, but the piece that broke is what they recalled! The recall doesn't work?  Any help before I spend $200 on a repair or go buy a new one?

Thank you!

0 Likes