JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Broken lid on my washer

(Topic created: 10-12-2021 12:24 PM)
shah123
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I bought this washer over a year ago.  A month or so later I found out about the recall and we chose to get it fixed.  Samsung sent a tech to fix the washer as per recall repair instructions.

But now the lid is broken right at the left hinge.  The plastic frame that holds the glass is broken where the left hinge is and the hinge is popping out.

This is crazy.  I am really disappointed in the quality of this washer.  First it is exploding, and now the hinge broke for no reason.  I wonder if this happened because of the recall repairs.  The washer has been gently used and there is no reason for the hinge to break like this.  Does anyone know what can be done at this point?

158 Replies
userg7fJQpgFOe
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I bought this washer from Lowe's back December 2018.  In November of 2019 the lid cracked at the left hinge.  No excessive use or any abuse to it whatsoever.  It was under warranty and they came out and replaced the lid.  Then yesterday, SAME THING.  Cracked in the same place!  I just don't understand this at all.  I bought the extended Lowe's warranty but they said it's not covered.  I can't afford to repair it or replace it and based on all of the reviews I've seen, it's definitely a Samsung issue.  They need to get a real fix for the recurring issue and get it together.  For the money I spent on it I most definitely shouldn't have to be making major repairs to it on a yearly basis especially for the exact same issue!!

scotmosk
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Model WA40J3000AW/A2  My washer was "fixed" under the recall in 2016. Now the left side of the lid is broken so the door won't close. The 5 year warranty expired last week. I called Samsung and they said if the recall was done then its not covered, but the piece that broke is what they recalled! The recall doesn't work?  Any help before I spend $200 on a repair or go buy a new one?

Thank you!

0 Likes
userbi5pcwcQOQ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello Samsung,

My Top Load Washer Door is broken. The hinge just separated from the top load door. I would like to know how to get this repaired or replaced. The units (matching washer and dryer are several years old and came with the home purchase. Would you be able to assist me in service repair or replacement?

Zip code 83860

uservl8CSJmMO1
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

IMG_2303.JPGHello my washer lid cracked right off at the left and right hinges, I think its less than 5 years old.

Is there anything I can do short of buying a whole new lid?

Let me know.

Thanks!

Aaron.

Options
Washers and Dryers

Good luck with the cracked lid issue, same thing happened to me with LG and Whirlpool, never buy a washer with a glass lid. My lids kept cracking every 9 months or so, eventually Lowe's warranty lemoned it out, I got my money back brought a GE with metal lid and have had no issues, replacement lids are like 250

0 Likes
userYMCgeq7LME
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Purchased our Samsung top loading washer, Model #WA60F9A6DSW A2 in October 2014, installed April 2015 (new move in). Recall of machine in Nov. 2016 and repair was done, at no cost to consumer. In 2022, lid cracked at the hinges, so I duct taped the plastic to keep using it. Operation is not affected by lid not closing completely. Hinges have come out and I keep re doing the duct tape to slide the lid in to run washer. I called Samsung to get pricing for a new lid. (The 10 year warranty only applies to parts affected to the Driver). Cost of repair  between $140.00 - $300.00, plus labor cost $60.00 - $160.00. Machine still washing clothes, but what a PIA to remove the lid each time the machine is to be opened.

userYMCgeq7LME_0-1651870547721.jpeg userYMCgeq7LME_1-1651870610864.jpeg  userYMCgeq7LME_2-1651870667032.jpeg  userYMCgeq7LME_3-1651870714605.jpeg  userYMCgeq7LME_4-1651870758485.jpeg  userYMCgeq7LME_5-1651870803487.jpeg   userYMCgeq7LME_7-1651870957316.jpeg

0 Likes
userIklx9QXh6B
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a Samsung model that was recalled due to supposedly exploding.   Well Samsung came out and replaced the parts, then 4 weeks later it exploded and threw the lid off etc.  Samsung came out and replaced the lid and made several repairs.   Now the new lid has separated from the hinge.   Can Samsung send someone to repair it again or send me the lid replacement?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi I want to thank you for reaching out to us here and would like to confirm this will be a serviceable matter. I can assist you in a private message further. You can click on any one of the moderator's and select the message option to proceed with a PM. In the PM, I will need the most recent ticket number from the service repair mentioned prior. I look forward to providing the best assistance available regarding the matter. 

0 Likes
userIklx9QXh6B
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

You should be able to reference it by my name address and or phone number.  I do not have a ticket from 2 years ago. When the recall was going on.  Nor did I contact you guys directly.  The service provider reached out to you regarding the recall as they would not repair the machine until you guys did your part.

<IMAGE HIDDEN>

0 Likes