cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

broken lid on my washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung washer wa48j7700aw lid broke at the left hinge. I see many people have had the same problem. For some reason it appears that sometime Samsung covers the repair and sometimes not. Recently called customer service and was told it would not be covered. This machine was recalled for the severe shaking problem. That fix was applied. Any idea if this can be covered. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Top loading washing machine lid broken model wA52M7750a w/a4

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My top loader hinge is separating from the glass on the right hinge. It caused the basin attachment to break off. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Top loading washing machine lid broken model wA52M7750a w/a4

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My top loader has a damaged right door hinge. We purchased the washer from Lowe's and have been advised that it is not covered under our extended warranty. Seems that broken door and/or hinges are a common theme and repair concern for the washer. Has anyone attempted to repair on their own?

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung washer lid broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have my second Samsung  top load washer  had one recalled then got a other one now can't used because top lid broke by the hinge  need help for a new lid 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung washer lid broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours in broken too. What did you end up doing?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung washer lid broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Experiencing the same thing. Did you get yours fixed?

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung top load washer lid is broken and cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung top load washer with a glass top has two little screws by the hinge and I have cracked and not letting the washer stay running seems like there's a lot of that happening here on this page I don't know if it's something that Samsung has acknowledged and admits that there was a recall on if anyone has any ideas please let me know

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung top load washer lid is broken and cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unbelievable to discover these consistent problems with this hinge as we thought we had the one defective washer.  Our Model WA52J8700AP/A2, only 5 years old, also developed this consistent failure mode with the lide hinge although it is the right hinge.  When serviced by Samsung rep, we were told "honestly" that it would be almost as much to fix as a new one.  It started as detailed above, the cheap plastic covering the screws at the hinge broke away with only the metal holding the screws in place.  The metal on top of the lid then continued to bend upward due to the force of trying to hold the screws in place.   Now the screws have broken free and obviously the machine will not work.  I only detail this as I am late to this discussion party and hopefully further documentation of this known engineering failure will force Samsung to comply or recall.   

In the end we will not be hanging around to see if Galactic Justice is served by all this as we have seen above, even fixing this issue is only temporary and will fail again in 6-9 months.  We are moving to LG and hopefully they can keep a washer working more than 5 years.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung top load washer lid is broken and cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know when this post was put up but I just called Samsung and they are sending someone out to fix it at no charge and is under recall