Original topic:

Broken washmachine lid

(Topic created: 09-11-2021 11:02 AM)
usershd9GOhAf5
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same problem as Bridget's post! So I copied and pasted hers...same type of pictures. I do not see a customer service answer. I have always bought Samsung....dryer, stove, and refrigerator.  If no help on the issue will replace with another brand and switch loyalties

<IMAGE HIDDEN>

• "Hello we’ve had our washer a few years now and just out of the blue we wake up one morning to discover the left top of the lid was bubbles up. Upon investigating we discovered the hinge and corner of the soak basket were broken. Upon looking into replacing I’m realizing this lid has already had a recall I wasn’t aware of and lots of complaints about the same issue, so obviously had to do with manufacturing vs owners breaking on accident, etc. What can be done about this? I read a previous comment about “if under warranty”, how long does a warranty last and my next question with all the same issues is Samsung doing anything to correct the problem? I’ve also discovered suddenly that the area around the bleach dispenser is rusting and we rarely use that (another thing I’ve discovered is quite common). Any information/solutions would be greatly appreciated. I have no issues paying for the wear and tear of things but when this many people have this happen it’s not normal wear and tear or owner issues
    Bridget"
  • Attempted to also add Lid and dispenser pictures " file too big" after serial picture.
  • Thank you
  • Liz 9/11/2021
0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Based on the model and serial number, this washer has been affected by our top load washer recall. You will need to reach out to our recall department for further assistance. Their phone number is 1-866-264-5636; they'll ask you to provide the full model and serial number. Once they have that information, they'll be able to look into what options they have available to you 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes