cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Brown Mold Flakes from Aquajet VRT Washer Adjatator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For months I have noticed brown flakes showing up on our clothes after washing. August 7, 2020 I disassembled the washing machine removed the drum and cleaned w/ bleach the entire thing. Every week when I finish laundry I run a self clean with a cleaning tab or bleach and leave the washer open after each load to dry out.
Fast forward to this past week and the flakes are back in abundance. I once again disassemble the washer only to find the drum and basin are completely cleaned. I removed the agitator just to look at it since I was that far in.
I was disgusted by what I found. There is mold build up inside the agitator between the plastic and metal piece. It doesn't come apart for cleaning at all. After soaking it in bleach water and using a water hose to spray down in side (as much as I can) I got a small amount out but it is still horrible.

I have attached pictures from when I orginal disasimbled it and from this past week (in the blue bucket) to show what I could get out fo the agitator and what the dark section that you can see that are still left.

This washer is less than 5 years old and  we have more issues with it than I can count.  This is the same washer that had a recall because the top would fly off.  Then, the repair person who did the recall fix broke the machine taking it apart and said it "was no big deal". Had to have someone else come fix it but not convinced it really ever did.  Now mold and to have my asthmatic family wearing molded covered clothing and masks is completely unacceptable.  From everything I have seen online this is known issue that Samsung has choosen to ignore.  I promise you this, if it is not resolved I will never buy anther Samsung product and all of Socal media will know how that Samusang is putting the mighty dollar above the health of its conumers.

Aug 072020(2).jpgAug 072020(3).jpgAug 072020(4).jpgAug 072020.jpgAug 072020(5).jpgOct 242020(3).jpgOct24 2020(2).jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brown Mold Flakes from Aquajet VRT Washer Adjatator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can understand your frustration. Can I have your ticket number via private message? I would like to look into this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can understand your frustration. Can I have your ticket number via private message? I would like to look into this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLarry  I don't have a ticket number...not even sure how to get a ticket number.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my washer and same disgusting problem. Tell me did you ever hear from them? 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately it's not what you want to hear. A service tech came out and confirmed the issue is the adjatator. There is no fix except replacement. They have not changed the design so any new parts or washers will have the same issue. We replaced the part for $100+ hoping to get a few more years out of it.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did everything you mentioned twice around. Then I pryed  the agitator apart and found mold and dirt and all sorts of stuff inside. I cleaned it out, put it back together but it wouldn't fit correctly and I had to buy a new one. When the new one arrived I was excited that this nightmare was going to be over, I was wrong. Ran the clean cycle and I still have dirt, mold and whatever it is on the bottom.  I've ran out of solutions.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issues!!!  Have you been able to figure out an adequate way to clean the inside of the agitator?  I just took mine apart yesterday and I am completely disgusted that I have been doing my families laundry in this for so long.  The inside of my machine looks similar to yours.

86BCD561-91F2-4805-9E0E-168719471E03.jpeg

1AAA4ECB-C9A2-4F56-9EA3-075188E5FE2D.jpeg

B61363C3-F87B-49AC-B542-28E7E17D6CDB.jpeg