cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdI9FFiVL5p
Constellation

Brown Residue

My current washer, WA48J7700QA, was a purchased replacement for the recall in spring of 2017.  We chose not to have the less than one-year old machine repaired but decided to purchase a new one with Samsung's replacement process.  That ended up costing us another $300 because they pulled all of the like washing machines from the market at that time and the only option we had was to purchase a more expensive model.  We bought a 3 year extended maintenance and have not used it.  I have considered requesting maintenance but have determined it would be a useless endeavor after reading all of the comments about the issue I am posting about here.  

This current machine has been putting out brown and black residue on the clothes for at least 1.5  years of the 2 years I've had it.  I take good care of it, keep it clean, run the clean cycles, etc.  Sounds like I am totally not alone.  I do not believe this is due to anything I have or have not done.  

I have not called service  because I believe Samsung will do nothing about this based upon all of the similar problems I have read about on the community site.  Clearly this is some problem with the washing machines.  This residue is disgusting and gets all over everything.  You can't get rid of it.  I have to rewash and re-rinse clothes multiple times just to get the gunk off.  That's a really efficient use of water!  Sometimes I end up picking the stuff off if I can.  Then I almost always have to wipe the inside of the machine out because it is everywhere.

SAMSUNG IF YOU ARE LISTENING, I HAVE HAD IT!  If there is a fix and a free service call, you better speak up, NOW!  Otherwise, I will begin sharing my experience with more friends and on social media.  When this machine fails, it is going to the dump where it belongs. I will not pay one cent to have it looked at nor fixed.  The photos are attached.  See for yourself.  

I might not be so mad but our matching dryer failed and cost us $300 to repair shortly after its 1st birthday.  Clearly, your washing machine and dryer are inferior products.  The dryer is ok,  As for the washer, there is little I like about it mainly because I can not control one thing on it after the cycle begins.  In addition, it does not fill enough water to get the clothes wet and I end up running everything on the bedding cycle.  These are the LAST Samsung appliances I will own.IMG_3258.jpgIMG_3259.jpgIMG_3261.jpgIMG_3262.jpgIMG_3263.jpgIMG_3264.jpgIMG_3265.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brown Residue

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userdI9FFiVL5p
Constellation

I just realized I incorrectly stated we bought the washer at Home Depot.  We actually bought it at Best Buy.  Sorry for the confusion.

user9yJ6AhYTWo
Astronaut

I have been having the same issue for several months.  The residue is so thick that the drainage hose is nearly blocked.  We had the machine repaired with the first recall and were unaware of any others. If this is a design flaw then Samsung should do the right thing and replace the washing machines. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are sorry to hear that, can you send us a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.