cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCN8c8zbYjP
Constellation

Re: Cannot get my flexwash (washer and dryer) to connect

Thanks all for figuring this out!  The "Switch to Mobile Data" option was exactly my issue as well.  Hopefully Samsung is monitoring this thread and will incorporate a code fix in a near-future release to unfrustrate others who have not or will not easily find this thread and read it through.   

I'm actually enjoying the SmartThings App now -- very cool the amout of control and/or information it gives you about the wash cycles.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you still needing assistance with the washer? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userGrXgo49cNe
Constellation

Put in your Wi-Fi password then it'll find your network so you can connect

userGrXgo49cNe
Constellation

Type in your Wi-Fi password,  it'll find your network and you can connect.  Took me a while to figure it out but now works thru Samsung Smart home app

useruV0BqnuJCT
Astronaut

If you load the "Smart Home" app from Samsung, and follow their instructions, it tells you the password is 1111122222 (five ones, and five twos).

amfegmcd
Constellation

I also am having the same issue but not sure what conclusion everyone has come too. Do I use 5 ones and twos?  or my WiFi password?  Should the AP field in the Smart Home app auto populate with my routers SSID?

thanks

concerned Flex User

userTLxNyeuyDt
Constellation

Something is terribly wrong with this. Connecting an appliance should not be so hard. I have an S8 phone with the Smart Home App. My recently purchased FlexWash and FlexDry will not connect despite multiple efforts. I have called Samsung support twice on weekends spending several hours on the phone with customer support to no avail. First, I knew more than both customer support agents  who actually had no idea what Samsung Flex washer and dryer are. They gave me such clueless suggestions it's sad to think Samsung customer support is allowed to be so incompetent. It takes that much time and schooling for them before they can finally transfer you to technical support. Who, alas, do not work on weekends. But the last person I spoke to transferred me anyway. I own so such Samsung tech equipment that I'm stuck with them for years to come but they just lost a customer for the future.

Highlighted
Comet

@userTLxNyeuyDt wrote:

Something is terribly wrong with this. Connecting an appliance should not be so hard. I have an S8 phone with the Smart Home App. My recently purchased FlexWash and FlexDry will not connect despite multiple efforts. I have called Samsung support twice on weekends spending several hours on the phone with customer support to no avail. First, I knew more than both customer support agents  who actually had no idea what Samsung Flex washer and dryer are. They gave me such clueless suggestions it's sad to think Samsung customer support is allowed to be so incompetent. It takes that much time and schooling for them before they can finally transfer you to technical support. Who, alas, do not work on weekends. But the last person I spoke to transferred me anyway. I own so such Samsung tech equipment that I'm stuck with them for years to come but they just lost a customer for the future.

I can appreciate your frustration..the lastest version of Samsung "SmartHome" app STILL thinks my Samsung Dryer is a washer...and that is after 7 months of complaining about it..Its worthless anyway you have to go to the dryer after every cycle to push the wifi button....Sad,Sad implementation...

usertBDus12A7D
Astronaut

Feckers! I bought this because it’s supposed to work with wifi?!!!  You guys are retarded.  Good thing too. I won’t be buying SAMSUNG again. I was about to fill my home with QLED displays but I’ll ya LG OLED instead. dkheads!! If your going to advertise stuff stand behind it. 

userTRbuIVvuK6
Constellation

On your phone, go into airplane mode to disable cellular data. Turn your wifi back on, then proceed and try to add the device (washer, etc) from scratch. Worked on the first try after cellular was disabled. Hope that helps others.