userIZ9AVpFu6B
Astronaut

Re: Cannot get my flexwash (washer and dryer) to connect

The password for (washer) Samsung WiFi or (dryer) Samsung WiFi is 1111122222

userdDVL4q2Kxc
Asteroid

Hi There,

So far you've been the only  one who has answered the initial question on this thread .... "what is the password".  This in fact was related to the default password for these appliances....  I hope for Samsung Technicians start to read the details read well and stop circling or looping unnecessary questions, since the initial info was there.   Samsung should pay you for your kind help. 

So, I'd like to thank you for your posting, since this pwd worked for my Flex gas dryer. 

@ Samsung (as a whole)  you really need to improve, troubleshooting processes,  the connection wizard apps, process,  and its GUI interfaces,  since these lack of user friendly sense and confuse the customers.

I have checked the manuals if default passwords are specified for the FlexDryers or FlexWash appliances are specified on their respective manuals and they are NOT.  So, please do the needful to review and update that CRITICAL INFO.

Thank you 

Highlighted
user18TbwM8bWJ
Constellation

Make sure you mobile data is turned off it will route to your wifi router. Then, use your wifi password. That's how I figured mine out. Good luck. 

Sally

userBbR5kSO46X
Constellation

I have had an issue with connection on my WW80M6450 quickdrive washer the app did not work for this machine and told me to use Smarttthing connect app, the app reconised my washer and tried to connect but it failed, i was on it for 2 days.

Today i decided  to click "forget this network"(samsung washer) in my wifi app and switched off "auto connect" as well, re tried connection and a pop up asked me to connect to my wifi(showed a list of nearby wifis), and also asked for my wifi password, i did this and it worked for me.

It seems that the app was reconnecting to the washer via wifi(which has no internet connection) the connection to the internet was needed to connect to samsung online to register the washer connection to your account

May work on other washers...

Please note: This is how i connected to my smartthing hub 2.

In your wifi on your phone  set it to forget the connection(Samsung washer) and click off the  auto connection, i am using a Xiaomi M8 phone on latest android ver, Hope this help..Rob(Ebayrob)...

userNvTNDLHJpF
Constellation

I am having exactly the same trouble connecting to my ww90m washer. None of the suggestions work. I really thing this is a problem with the app. The developers really need to look at this.

userD2jocXqSdf
Astronaut

The follwing steps worked for me to connect my Samsung S8+ to 9900 series washer and dryer:

1. Go to settings in your phone and turn off "cellular Data" during the connection process.

2. Connect only to 2.4 Ghz home WiFi network

3. Install Samsung smarthome app from playstore; click add device; choose washer/dryer; with buttons; 

4. Turn on smart control on the washer/dryer by pressing and holding 3 sec;

5. The letters "AP" will light up on the washer/dryer.

6. The smarthome app will automatically detect your washer/dryer then will ask you for your home WiFi access point name and password.

7. App was not connecting to my home WiFi till I disabled cellular data in my device.

8. Once app is connected to the home WiFi, it will link both the washer/dryer to the Samsung servers.

9. Once washer/dryer are connected in the app, you are only allowed to view the status.

10. To remotely control the unit with the app, you have to touch the smart control button on washer/dryer each time after they are powered on.

11. I don't know how useful this app is, but turn off cellular data while trying to connect your android phone to your washer/dryer to avoid frustration.

rocknride71
Constellation

I have the WV60M9900AV/A5 washer.  It was previously connected to my network.  I accidentally reset my router.  I then decided to change the password on the router (same SSID).  I have an ASUS RT-AC88U router w/ the smart connect.  I disabled the smart connect and started connecting devices manually because smart connect isn’t that smart and would try to use 5ghz for 2.4ghz devices (like the washer/dryer).  Anyway, I got the dryer connected and that took about a half dozen tries (or more).  But the dryer showed up once I had the AP set on the dryer.  It won’t find the washer at all.  I’ve tried all the suggestions.  I’ve tried connecting w/ my iPad Pro as well as my Samsung Note 8 and to no avail.  I believe I connected the dryer w/ my iPad Pro.  I’ve rebooted the router.  I’ve rebooted the SmartThings Hub.  I’m using the new SmartThings app (not the classic).  I have no idea what else to do.  HELP!  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team. They can be reached at 1-866-813-2404

userLpt7qrgZI3
Constellation

The problem with that Larry, is most of us don't have an hour to wait and be connected with a human being.

userLpt7qrgZI3
Constellation

I I'm having the same freaking problem. Dryer is identified, but not the washer. I have migrated to a different wireless network via a NEW Samsung hub, but it won't recognize it .

I'm expecting a delivery in a couple of days on a Samsung refrigerator, Samsung gas cooktop, and a Samsung dishwasher. Do I need to send them back?!