cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Connect dishwasher to my Nest router

Trying to connect my dishwasher to my wifi router. The dishwasher isn't having it.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Connect dishwasher to my Nest router

Are these the steps you are following to connect the dishwasher?

To register your device to SmartThings

1. Make sure your smartphone is connected to a wireless network.
2. Run SmartThings on your smartphone. iPhone users are required to provide the login information each time they access the app.
3. When a message of “A new device is found.”, select Add.
4. If no message appears, select + and then select your dishwasher in a list of devices
available. If your dishwasher is not listed, select Device Type > Specific Device Model,
and then add your dishwasher manually.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection process for your
dishwasher. Press and hold Smart Control for more than 5 seconds until the "AP" message appears on the display. Your dishwasher will be registered with the app.
6. When the process is complete, your dishwasher will appear in the list of devices on
your SmartThings App.
7. Tap the dishwasher icon to open the dishwasher page.
8. When a network connection is established, the Wi-Fi icon lights up on your dishwasher.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, this is the procedure I followed. The dishwasher sees my router but it's name is greyed out.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It may be a security protocol issue. Please provide the full model code of the dishwasher so that we can best assist.

Do you have another router that you can set up temporarily? If you have a complex password, have you tried a shorter password or setting up a guest Wi-Fi network on your current router?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have another router that you can set up temporarily? If you have a complex password, have you tried a shorter password or setting up a guest Wi-Fi network on your current router?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung waterwall DW80R9950US