Original topic:

Cooling light on dryer

(Topic created: 03-19-2021 09:11 AM)
userrZKb3IHCHT
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can you please tell me how to turn my the cooling light off on my dryer with model number DV40300EW. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

The cooling light is supposed to be on when it hits that part of the cycle and there's no way to turn that off. If the cycle is complete though, unplug the dryer for about 5 minutes and that should turn the light off. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userplPjrtbZIc
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having the same issue with the cooling light not turning off. However,, like everyone else the clothes aren't drying as there were no heat. I took apart my dryer and found one (of many) thermostats on the heating element did not have continuity. After replacing it, I was able to dry my clothes again. However, the dang light is still constantly on. I may have to take it apart again to check the thermistor (which is located somewhere else, outside of the heating element).

0 Likes
user9qWWoXQKbW
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Does samsung seriously not answer stuff in a reasonable time. Im new here but I wish i hadnt signed up with an account because there are no answers here. 

0 Likes