cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer drum cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

userrJenoN80iN
Astronaut

Cracked Drum on Dryer Model DV42H5400GW/A3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this dryer from Best Buy in September of 2014 and had 5yr warranty expire 2 months ago. Now we started to hear a thumping noise and found a crack on the back part of the drum. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cracked Drum on Dryer Model DV42H5400GW/A3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this issue. It will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of authorized service centers near you that can do the repair:   http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userHSQV8by3qs
Astronaut

cracked drum and out of warranty

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a dryer that is less than 2 years old. I discovered a huge hole in the drum today. I have read several accounts on here of the same problem but no recall by Samsung. I was told they never heard of this problem and had no complaints. I was told it was just my opinion,but looking just on here I see numberous complaints in addition to numerous class action lawsuits regarding this exact problem. Why won't Samsung acknowledge there is a defect in same spot in all these dryers do to poor quality. I see people have replaced the drum only to have it crack again. I didn't need a paperweight for my laundry room Samsung.

userE8f1gBAGrI
Constellation

Re: Crack in Dryer Drum!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dryer has been making this loud noise which I thought was just an imbalanced load. My daughter just told me she saw a big crack in the back of the dryer which I never thought is possible. Like most contributors here, of course it happens when it's out of warranty. I bought all Samsung appliances when I bought my house because it was highly recommended so I am very disappointed. Fridge is also making an intermittent humming noise with an ice maker that works whenever it wants to. Sigh! If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the drum please HELP. I really don't have the money to buy a new one at this point.

userbJFPyD0hbW
Constellation

Dryer Drum Cracked!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a DV50F9A8EVP dryer with it's second cracked drum.  First Drum lasted longer than most have posted, about 4 years.  So I bought a Samsung replacement drum for about $200 and it lasted less than 6 months before another crack developed.  Has anyone had any luck getting help out of Samsung for this obvious defect. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer Drum Cracked!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your serial number and pictures of the cracked drum via private message?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userQi15wAfMbU
Constellation

Crack in dryer drum

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the most upsetting day of my life. Crack in dryer drum for no apparent reason other than normal use. I loved my machines only had them about 2 years. Samsung said there is nothing that can be done. I am so sad I saved forever to get these  

E4CFBFB8-F86A-4E6E-897F-1F519373ED6E.jpeg

image.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Crack in dryer drum

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear that, can you send us a private message with your email address? 

userQi15wAfMbU
Constellation

Re: Crack in dryer drum

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still have not gotten a call or solution to the repair being done.