Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Crack in Dryer Drum!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will Samsung fix this?? My dryer is just over a year old. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I I don't understand why Samsung will not fix my crack drum. I know the warranty is up but this is a problem that many people are dealing with. Everything on my dryer is working but the drum has a crack. Why should I have to pay for something that is not my fault?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought I was the only one that had this issue. 

After this issue, I'm forever done with this brand.

3 year old dryer and drum shredded into pieces like I had been drying axes. 

I triple checked for coins and had never dryed anything heavier than maybe a jacket!

Never had shoes/clothes with clunky zippers/accessories in there!

Sooooo disappointed!!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

We have model DV48J7700GW/A2 dryer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue thing cracked inside started getting extremely loud and then stopped drying and then moving. Had less than a year and fixed it.  Then 3 months after it was fixed it did it all again. There should be a recall on this dryer. Our washer has a recall and was bought same time.  If you look up there issues sounds a lot like what happens with dryer so far I'm not having issues with washer but I think we are done buying Samsung items.  It's sad there Custer service know there's a issue with these dryers and don't recall them back. Everyone in my small town that has this dryer had the same issue.  Funny part is there's companies around that fix dryers and said they recommend not fixing it bc not worth it. It's a crappy dryer.   Honestly if they would do a recall on the dryer too it would make more sense.   Very disappointed.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Crack in Dryer Drum - And Dryer is only a year old!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Re: Samsung Dryer, Model #DVE45N5300F/A3 Merlot

In March of 2019, we purchased from Lowe's a Samsung washer/dryer set.  In March of this year, we discovered that a crack had developed at the rear of the drum in the dryer.  However, by the time we were able to contact Samsung, we were told the warranty had run out.  The crack has gotten bad enough that our dryer is no longer functional, and a local repair shop quoted me $525, nearly the cost of a new dryer.  

Washers & dryers are expected to last several years, but in a high-end dryer a catastrophic failure after one year is unacceptable.  From what I have read in the last few days, cracked drums are not unusual in Samsung dryers of this type - there is clearly a design flaw that should have been fixed long before now, and I am aware of at least one class-action lawsuit regarding this.  

We just want to get our repaired.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Crack in Dryer Drum - And Dryer is only a year old!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to hear that! Please send us the full model code, serial number and pictures of the crack via private message: Link

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Crack in Dryer Drum - And Dryer is only a year old!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ID love to hear what you would do for me Samsung Dryers are unreliable (TVs too)!  I  replaced the drum in my 2 year old dryer and guess what...The replacement drum cracked again today im selling the set to some poor soul at least the was works ok at best. A reputable company would own up to the design flaw on the dryer drums and tool up a solution...Its called "continuous improvement".  Guess what, my 3 year old 54" Samsung Flat screen died today too.  I don't plan on buying anything elso from Samsung.  Flashy looking products that are not durable.  Brand Loyalty comes from durability.  I have not had these types of problems with any other appliances. 

Highlighted
Constellation

DV45H7000EW/A Drum crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IMG_2875.jpegIMG_2877.jpeg

We have had this dryer for three years and we just noticed a crack in the drum. From researching on the internet this appears to be a common problem. We have not misused this dryer in the three years we have had it. Any help from support would be greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our dryer drum is cracked as well. Three year old set Dryer is DVE45M5500P. First we had to have the rollers fixed and now the drum is completely ruined with a large crack along the edge. This is crazy, clearly a need for a recall.