Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userkMYdCah65O
Constellation

Crack in Dryer Drum!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We’ve had our new DV42H5200EF-A3 and matching washer almost one year to the date when we first heard a loud thunking coming from the dryer.  At first we thought it was just some unbalanced load of clothing, but when I looked inside the dryer, the drum has a huge crack in it!  Really disappointed as I love these appliances and the dryer has worked flawlessly until now, but now we’re terrified to use the thing in the event it destroys our clothes or is a safety hazard.  Any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Crack in Dryer Drum!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can understand how frustrating that is to deal with. Honestly, repairs would be recommended. I can make no guarantees but I would be happy to look into this to see if there is anything I can offer. Mind sending me a private message with the serial number here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

118 REPLIES 118
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can understand how frustrating that is to deal with. Honestly, repairs would be recommended. I can make no guarantees but I would be happy to look into this to see if there is anything I can offer. Mind sending me a private message with the serial number here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userEzzoaF4cdo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar issue dryer started making a weird squeaky noise and I had to call PC Richards who I purchased the dryer from initially and I am being charged $150.00 just for a service call because I am one month out of the warranty.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userEzzoaF4cdo Please feel free to send me a message as well with your full model code and serial number. I'd be happy to look into this for you as well. 

user2zaliRc1tB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have this issue with our dryer . Bought in September 2017 so out of warranty. These should last 10 years not less then 18 months. Very disappointed! Would like to know best way to get repaired by Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

user0reqVFe2fi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how to send you a private message?Plz explain in details as i have very little knowledge on tech.

regards 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just follow this link.  http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

userXy2VVC4gjA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having a same problem with my 

DV42H5200. I bought all new appliances a few years ago- entire kitchen and laundry. All Samsung. Expected higher quality. What happened? Please help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?