cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userREwRoJ2SdZ
Asteroid

Re: Crack in Dryer Drum!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is covering the repair of my dryer. I’m thankful for their effort in rectifying this situation. 

SamDefective
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also had a cracked drum Samsung declined to repair saying parts were covered for only 30days.

Thre is no local repair service is available.

The drum alone is over $300.00 without installation.

This is the second repair needed to the dryer. The latch broke.

We decided not to spend anymore on the dryer.

We bought a Whirlpool dryer.

userzI9bMRMVlp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Bought washer/dryer combo November 2017. Now have a huge crack in the back of the dryer and tearing up my clothes. There is no way that this is done by consumers. What could WE possible due to put holes in metal and why??? This is definitely a manufacturer's defect because how can everyone be having the same issue? Are we all running around putting the same holes in the same place in dryers that we need for everyday life? This is crazy how many of the same complaints I have seen online.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send you send us a private message with images of the crack? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

userr1Cjx871An
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  I see there are now several lawsuits against Samsung over this issue.  I have model DV40J3000EW/A2.   6 months out of warranty a 5 inch crack shows up.   Doing every review and request for lawsuit I can online.   This is insane that they will not recognize this as a manufacturer defect caused by cheap materials.  

useroltIVMxjtV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same problem with the samsung dryer DV40J3000EW/A3 : cracked drum. I bought this from costco and after three years a big hole in the dryer developed. I have contacted samsung and they say that the warranty expired, but this is a manufacturing problem and it is not due to any wrong usage of the dryer. Samsung need to do something about this. How can we ever trust a samsung product?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

user5XNmtyXshX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same cracked drum problem that seems to be haunting so many here. My dryer is a DV45H7000EW/A2 and I'll have to dig up the paperwork to see when we purchased it but it wasn't that terribly long ago.  I'm sure that it is out of warranty but this seems to me to be such a widely encountered manufacturing defect that I would hope Samsung would address it.  I had thought it was going to be something along the lines of a bad drum wheel or idler assembly but when I took a look at the drum after reading some of the posts here I saw the crack/hole at the back of the drum.  I'm not sure how I'm going to address the problem but I do know that this, along with an a very expensive Samsung television going belly up on us a few years ago, is really souring my opinion of the company.