Re: Cracked dryer drum. Owned 366 days.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message with any pictures that you have: Link

userM4HAx9zSnX
Constellation

Samsung dryer drum is cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model dv45k6500ew/a3

purchased/installed dec 2016 by previous owners of the house. 

I thought the noise during a drying cycle was from the dryer balls, clothes etc but it turns out, from reading on here, that this happens when there’s a crack in the drum Smiley Sad

is this covered by warranty? 

we already had this dryer serviced once but not for this issue. 

What are our options if this isn’t covered under warranty?

Any idea how much it would cost?

thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung dryer drum is cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message with the full serial number and any pictures that you have of the damage: Link

userM4HAx9zSnX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent the photos. Pls let me know if you received them. Can’t hold off for another few weeks of not washing our clothes :/

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have reached out to you via private message for further information. Please advise. 

userNFqFSIzWVX
Constellation

DV42H5200ep/a3 - bad heating element and cracked drum

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased a washer and dryer (DV42H5200ep/a3) in July of 2016.  We got a "deal" during a 4th of July sale, and since we bought them for a new house, we didn't actually use them until November of 2016 when we closed on the new house. So five months of them sitting in boxes, could technically be subtracted from the amount of use identified below, but warranty is based on date of purchase so the 13, 18 and 34 months indicated below when faulty parts broke are based on the purchase date of July 2016.

Anyway, the washer has been finem but we have had three issues arise with the dryer. Each issue required the unit to be disassembled almost completely to be fixed (technician time = $$$$$$)

1) The steam nozzle became disconnected from the inside of the dryer and had to be replaced (13 months, 1 month after warranty expired)

2) The heating element went bad (18 months)

3) Started making a thumping noise and the dryer drum cracked (34 months) clothes are getting stuck in the cracks

The dryer was $800 plus and we have spent nearly that on repairs…with the parts alone to fix the cracked drum we would exceed the total cost of the dryers original price.

Needless to say we consider this to be a very disappointing product (honestly we consider it a faulty product) and are wondering if Samsung is willing to do anything to make this situation right?

We hope Samsung is willing to stand behind their product…please help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DV42H5200ep/a3 - bad heating element and cracked drum

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for sharing this with us. We will need some more details to see what all we can do to assist with this concern. Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTvNP9TrceW
Constellation

Re: DV42H5200ep/a3 - bad heating element and cracked drum

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same model and are also having many issues with our heating element. We bought ours in 2016 too! Smiley Happy

Samsung so far has been very disappointing in terms of customer service. We had our heating element replaced only 4 months ago and it is broken again. Our repairman who fixed it the first time told us that the interior edges were never finished and thus are as sharp as razorblades. Now that it is broken AGAIN I am seriously frustrated that we were sold an unfinished product that is repeatedly breaking and Samsung is not willing to take care of this issue for us.

After reading your post, I am now very concerned about the drum - which I have seen to be an issue for many other Samsung dryer models too. 

Did Samsung take care of your issue?