Original topic:

Cracked Dryer Drum: How to get fixed

(Topic created: 08-15-2020 06:28 PM)
JonesM3
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

The dryer has a thumping noise while running and the drum is cracked. The warranty is expired (because they are extremely short), but this dryer is only 2 and a half years old, so this is really frustrating to have such significant damage on an appliance that has seen normal use and has not been abused.  This can easily rip clothes and could strike a fire if lint got trapped in there!!!  Any suggestions?20200718_072445.jpg

user5KlRoJVj4a
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Dryer drum cracked. Bought front load dryer in 2016, so I assume warranty is done.  Weird issue for dryer that is not that old. Is this something that samusung replaces, as I know I have done nothing to crack the drum in the dryer. 

0 Likes
user3uyMo8ZSpy
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I've had my washer for 2 years and there is a huge crack in the Dryer drum!  Is there a way to fix this???

0 Likes
SSuperman
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Replace drum or dryer
0 Likes
uservhKo9UX5nh
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I just discovered a rather large crack in the rear of our Samsung Dryer model DV42H5000EW/A3. Apparently there is a class action lawsuit that has started regarding this issue. We have never washed anything in our dryer that was not clothes or blankets, so this was quite a surprise to find. It looks like the warranty for our dryer expired a few months ago, great timing. This crack has clearly been present for quite some time for it to have become this bad.

PXL_20201119_172658594.jpg

userJe4Xr8RLUb
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Very disappointed with my 900.00 dryer that only my wife and I use 2-3 times a week and now have a cracked drum. Apparently it's a known issue and not being addressed. If someone from Samsung reads this I hope that you contact me so I can vent my frustration. The part cost more that the dryer is worth. It's ripped my wife's delicates and pricey athleasure wear. We had no idea this was even possible, it wasn't until the loud thumping started we wondered what was going on behold the crucial crack  !!!

Has anyone started a class action suit yet?

CCE4931E-70AD-4275-BC14-0774806DD976.jpeg

Ali_Evans77
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My dryer, just over a year old did the exact same thing!!  Of course, out of warranty!!  Ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
user7h5jLArrDs
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife and I purchased a Samsung High end washer and Dryer. We’ve been using it a less less than two years now. It developed a clunking noise and weJust noticed got it have a huge crack in the back of the drum. After a quick Google search or you see that this is a fairly common product problem with your  product. We spent a ton on money on these appliances and to have this kind of problem is simply unacceptable. I’d like to know what you are going to do about it. 

0 Likes
userOtcOnTwJTj
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This seems to be a very common problem and I'm not sure why Samsung is not doing anything about it. For such an expensive dryer, it should last more than a few years. Mine is still under warranty but of course, the drum is not a warrantied part. This is not normal wear and tear...this is definitely a defect. dryer1.jpgdryer2.jpgdryer3.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link. If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.