Original topic:

Cracked Dryer Drum: How to get fixed

(Topic created: 08-25-2020 11:35 AM)
JonesM3
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

The dryer has a thumping noise while running and the drum is cracked. The warranty is expired (because they are extremely short), but this dryer is only 2 and a half years old, so this is really frustrating to have such significant damage on an appliance that has seen normal use and has not been abused.  This can easily rip clothes and could strike a fire if lint got trapped in there!!!  Any suggestions?20200718_072445.jpg

44 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

I completely understand how frustrating this must be. Honestly, repairs would be recommended. If the unit is within a certain age then the warranty will cover the repairs, however, if the warranty has expired then the cost of repairs then falls on the owner. We do handle issues on a case-by-case basis.

We would ask that you please contact us if you have any damages done to your clothing due to this, also, If you'd like someone to look into your issue specifically please send us a private message with the information below to this link ---->  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Pictures of the Crack Drum

Full Model Code:

Full Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
JonesM3
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I just sent over the requested information.

@SamsungJam wrote:

Oh no!  I would like to look into this further. Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
userjXFxy0RgGL
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

IMG_20200810_131310.jpg

My dryer drum has a crack and is making a loud sound whenever we use it. It happened within 3 years after buying a brand new clothes dryer. We changed the washer too because Samsung recalled it. Hopefully Samsung can fix it for us too. Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes
userp4yrGvq6et
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a Samsung dryer in which the drum has cracked.  After researching, I noticed several lawsuits regarding this issue.  I am wanting to repair the Dryer, as I bought it with a matching washer.  This was a major purchase on one of Samsung's high end washer and dryer sets, and am very upset the dryer didn't last longer before becoming unusable and dangerous.   With only a 1 year warranty on the dryer, and an obvious design or quality flaw on the dryer drum, is Samsung offering to replace the drums for free?  

userF0Fyfu7OoL
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Samsung definitely has a drum cracking issue.  About 3 years ago our 5 year old Samsung dryer drum developed a large crack.  Using Youtube videos to guide us, we replaced the drum.  Now, the replacement drum has developed a crack.  Unbelievable.  I can assure you that when it comes time to shop for a new dryer we plan to NOT get another Samsung dryer.  I've heard that they are not helping customers resolve this issue.  That is eventually going to turn into a bad business decision for them.  Please see attached photo.  Samsung dryer drum crack.JPG 

userMQoqmZ6EEs
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

So disapointed in Samsung lately, high quality USED to be the standard anybody no the part number to replace the drum since it seems many Youtube videos are published on how to replace them.

userFct5oxPpAy
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My dryer is barely 2 years old and has a humongus crack! 15978089863204990936944201207045.jpg

userw5VkM8Kg51
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The crack I found tonight after hearing the thumping is nearly identical to yours!  What is our recourse with Samsung, if any?  It was  actually a pretty decent dryer until it started thumping. There's no way this should happen in just the short time we have owned it!759AD59E-22DD-4014-8999-D77E93BE036C.jpeg

userve0rpOuz1c
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

hi all!

I have a 3 year old Samsung smart home washer and dryer set.  The dryer drum recently cracked.  I contacted Samsung and was told that they have no reported issues with the dryer, (though I find plenty of complaints and a law firm coordinating a class action lawsuit for exactly this matter).  The repair costs to fix the drum are over $400...so right now I have an $800 paperweight.  Has anyone had success with Samsung helping resolve this issue.  I completely understand that technically my dryer is no longer under warranty, however the crack location is clearly a manufacturer defect (that and nothing but clothes has been in my dryer).   Any insight or a point in the right direction is greatly apprecaited.  

Thanks! 

0 Likes