Original topic:

Cracked Dryer Drum: How to get fixed

(Topic created: 09-22-2020 11:32 AM)
JonesM3
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

The dryer has a thumping noise while running and the drum is cracked. The warranty is expired (because they are extremely short), but this dryer is only 2 and a half years old, so this is really frustrating to have such significant damage on an appliance that has seen normal use and has not been abused.  This can easily rip clothes and could strike a fire if lint got trapped in there!!!  Any suggestions?20200718_072445.jpg

userM3LtVbfmbo
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I see multiple people complaning of a cracked dryer Drum!!! Has anyone figured out a way to sucessfully fix this? Is Samsung going to ever stand by their product? I have always viewed Samsung as one of the best brands, hence the reason why I ignored all of the warning to stay away from their appliances, man did I ever misplace my trust in them. This is a manfacatuer defect either in materials or in design as it sounds like everyone is having problems with it cracking around the rollers. The dryer has already eaten over $500.00 of clothing in just 3 loads of the damage being prevelant, at first I thought it was something I was doing until I found my kid's clothing hanging stuck in the crack!!!!!!!!!! So frustrating!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
userxWrquv8zxj
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Cracked Dyer Drum.  This dryer is not even three years old.  As this is a common issue for Samsung Dryers, I am hoping Samsung is replacing them for free.  I messaged Samsung Support and they say one year parts and labor only and now it is my problem to pay to repair.  Unbelievable considering the huge issue this is with their dryers.  Seems like a recall should be issued and this issue addressed by Samsung free of charge for us.

Model is DVE45N5300W

20200914_124734.jpg

userNQyiUhNNIs
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Model # DV50F9A8GVP/A2 has a cracked drum as they all do. Will you back up this dryer drum repair as it is an obvious manufacturer defect? I own lots of Samsung stuff but if your company will not cover the repair of this dryer drum I will not purchase from you again. I won't elaborate too much about the crack in the drum as mine is the same as the hundreds or maybe thousands that you have already heard about, thin metal drum weld cracks at the seam due to manufacturer and design defect, makes my Samsung dryer a fire hazard as well as being unusable. Please respond to this request , thank you.

userXPBraO1PAQ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Our model DVG52M8650V/A3 dryer was 2 months past the 1 year warranty.  Noticed a large clunking noise.  Large crack in the drum.  Reached out to Samsung thinking maybe they would back their products but no help.  Instead was to to get a out of pocket estimate for repairs.  Quote was for $450+.  Very disappointed no one is willing to assist in doing the right thing to fix it.  

userVcKRgWjEzs
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi everyone,

I'm so astonished to find this post after the Samsung customer service told me bluntly there was nothing they could do with my cracked drum except for having me set up for a repair estimate which I would be responsible for. I thought I was the few unlucky ones who had this random problem, as I had never heard of cracked drum. So I did a casual Google search for "repair cracked drum" and to my surprise the top hits were all specifically for Samsung dryers. This is then an obvious product defect that needs a thorough investigation by the company and certainly warrants a recall. I did ask out of curiosity if there had been any recall on this and the CS guy said in a heartbeat that there had been no recall. Obviously, this is a question that they are familiar with.

I'm so disappointed. If they are not taking this issue seriously, as consumers, we need to do our duty. I will post a review on the website where I made the purchase to warn prospective customers. I hope you can do the same. Though negligible it seems individually, it might make a difference collectively.

userXPBraO1PAQ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I agree completely.  Ours was about 14 months old when we noticed the noise.  Same response ours to deal with.  The quote for repairs was over $400 and likely to occur again.  I tell anyone who will listen to stay away from the appliances.  If you Google it they are taking information for a possible class action suite.  I gladly signed up to be a part of it.  It's been sitting in the corner now for a year and a half waiting for Samsung to step up and make things right for all of their loyal customers.  We'll see if that day ever comes.

user4Mv75S9yxA
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have had this dryer for a few years. A dryer drum should not crack like this after such a short life span. I realize that my warranty is up but that is no excuse.  I see lots of people having the same problem.  I wish Samsung would take responsibility for this issue and fix the problem. I don't need to pay a technician to come out and tell me what the problem is when I already know.

usereUxuKuw3ml
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I work on dryers and have seen a lot. I took a Samsung DV42H5000EW in as a trade in for the refurbirshed dryer I sold them. They said it had a cracked drum. Well people tell me all the time what they think the problem is with there broken dryer and this was another one of those. DRUMS DON'T CRACK. Well I was blown away when I inspected it later. The drum was completely destroid. This kind of damage should never have happened. After reading all the posts here it is obviously a manufacture defect and should be corrected by Samsung at there cost even if they were  out of warranty.

I now tell all my customers buy anything but Samsung and will continue to do so until Samsung steps up and does the right thing.

BTY I will not be refubishing this trade in because I care about my customers.  Without upgraded repair parts this just continues to happen.

userKg7ObkHxb1
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm so sad to mention by dryer has a nice size crack in the drum. I payed a lot of money for this product thinking it was better quality. NOT!!!!! 
With that said I started to replace all my appliances in kitchen with Samsung I'm sure I will regret this after seeing how this dryer held up!!!! Never again will I purchase this brand!!!!

userDL5YdwId4G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello.

I noticed a large crack in the drum of my dryer. What steps can I take to have this repaired. I have read this is unfortunately a common issue with Samsung.

Thann you.