JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cracked Dryer Drum: How to get fixed

(Topic created: 08-03-2020 08:51 AM)
JonesM3
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

The dryer has a thumping noise while running and the drum is cracked. The warranty is expired (because they are extremely short), but this dryer is only 2 and a half years old, so this is really frustrating to have such significant damage on an appliance that has seen normal use and has not been abused.  This can easily rip clothes and could strike a fire if lint got trapped in there!!!  Any suggestions?20200718_072445.jpg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Nemisis68
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
definitely not good.

The wear looks to be from a bad drum roller, I don't know how that would cause so much metal fatigue in just that one spot though.

Good luck
HumDrum24
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

IMG_5152.JPG

As you can see, I've got a large crack in the drum of my Samsung dryer.  It's out of warranty, but we've only had it for about 5yrs I think.  This seems like an unusually short period for such a catastrophic failure, which I've never seen on any other dryers I've owned.

It started with the dryer thumping during use, which I attributed to uneven feet.  After fixing the feet, it seemed to quiet a little but kept thumping.  Taking a peek inside, there was massive damage on the drum (closest to the door) and I can't account for how it would have occurred. 

I was wondering if it was possible that I had bought a unit with a manufacturing defect.  And I'm hoping that the Samsung support team might be able to help with this issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello! I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. When did you notice the crack? Also, Can you send me a private message with your model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
HumDrum24
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi, I've sent a PM with the requested info.

I've literally just noticed the crack in the drum about 15 minutes before posting here.

0 Likes
userXnauu7g11X
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same problem and need a solution. image_50351105.jpgimage_55415491.JPG

0 Likes
SkyH
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I’ve seen others post similar posts about their Samsung dryer drums crack. After talking to a couple of Samsung reps, I was basically told there’s nothing they’re willing to do about this defect. I was even told by one rep after telling me they aren’t willing to do anything that I “was handling this so well.”…wow. Was told by another rep that they’ve never heard of anyone having this problem with their dryer… Very disheartened by Samsung’s apparent lack of concern over their product’s obvious defect. Another similar post said “solved” and the solution was basically there’s nothing they’re willing to do besides get you scheduled for a repair at your own expense. Recommend staying away from Samsung appliances until they improve their material quality, increase their warranty to show they back their product (Maytag has a 10 YEAR warranty on their drum and motor), and make it obvious they support their customers by backing their product. 

B2C92E12-4FCC-4FE7-830F-CB262F9E9CCB.jpeg

19AF2D7E-17EA-442F-B9B2-69A7F84FC346.jpeg

C126A939-1946-4024-BA02-35325DEAE80A.jpeg

userKr6fAS3pr0
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bough this Samsung dryer model dv42h5000ew/a3 less than 5 years ago and over a year the drum crack and making noise. The crack is now more than 6 inches. After reading many posts related to this issue is clearly a defect on the product. Is Samsung doing something about this issue? 

Andytheman
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers
You said there are many posts related to your issue but I've read more than 300 posts/complaints and this is the first time I've heard of this problem. 5. years old. I'm sure the warranty ran out. Contact Samsung technicians and see if this can be repaired. I'm sure of two things. One is they could send a technician to repair it at your cost or it's no longer repairable and you'll have to buy a new one. Did you read all these complaints in a consumer advocate site's reviews? I'm not calling you a liar but your's is the 1st complaint regarding a cracked drum I've come across. I would definitely contact Samsung and ask for a technician.. good luck!
0 Likes
userMdpk8Le8NK
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I also have a cracked dryer drum, just like the hundreds of other photos on line that are being avoided by Samsung. There is a law suit I saw about cloths being damaged that was just settled. I just want my (what needs to be recalled ) dryer drum fixed. My first Samsung Dryer have the problems with the rollers, fixed several times and was replaced when the heating element caught fire and I replaced it. Three problems that still exist according to what I read on this forum. Is it normal with dryers to have all these issues? I like my washer and TV's from Samsung. (they are the "new Sony" as my friends say). Why are you dodging the obvious recall on this product? I have now owned 2 Samsung Dryers. My first one have two on the issues that should have been recalls (balance wheels that need replaced every 6 months, and heating element that catches fire). Now I have the cracked dryer drum, same as the hundreds of others(hundreds because that is only how many took the time). Fix my dryer or replace it with an LG. They also make really great products. Are waiting on someone to be burned alive before you fix this obvious recall?  

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello! I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I would love to assist you with this. Please send me a private message with your full model and serial number. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes