JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 02:47 PM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

90 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry you have to experience this. Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergNeTTO2QdB
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We purchased a Samsung DVE45R6100C/A3 last December to replace a similar model I had purchased in 2012.  It was such a fantastic set, we bought the new one.  

During a standard Drying cycle last month the inner glass shattered.  Samsung service told us to buy a new part as it was not covered under warranty.  We have to replace the entire door and it is out of stock everywhere.  Home Depot will not take it back as it is outside their return window.

How is shattered glass cosmetic?!  Why hasn't there been a recall?  

The laundry is full of slivers of glass, I cannot use our dryer,  and I was cut multiple times trying to clean it up.  

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh no! That's not good to hear please send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your door?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNG7s3pxJcQ
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have a Samsung Dryer that’s 17 months old. Haven’t been home for a week so no usage of the dryer. Came home to a shattered inner dryer glass door. Appears from this community that it happens a lot. If I can not get a replacement glass then I will not be buying another Samsung unit. That high cost for only getting 17 months of usage it ridiculous. 

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I totally understand and I'm glad no one was hurt! Please send me or any of the other mods a private message with the full model and serial number of the dryer so that we can get this corrected for you 🙂

0 Likes
userTseBmFAGUF
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

<IMAGE HIDDEN>

We bought our washer and dryer set in December 2018. We love it! Last night we were drying a small load containing only a king sheet, a pair of jeans, and a shirt and heard a loud sound. The inside door shattered. My husband used our shop vac to clean up the glass. I researched a little and found this has happened to others. Can you please help us?

20210911_062734.jpg

 

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh my gosh! I'm glad no one was hurt! Please, let me get this resolved for you 🙂 Can you shoot me a private message so that I may gather some more information?

0 Likes
userBmFpsjOG7M
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello,

I am reaching out because I have an issue that appears to be a know event for Samsung front loading dryer owners.  the clear plastic is severely cracked.  This appears to be a defect of the product as the only things that go in there are soft items to dry.  Perhaps when the unit heats up it creates the cracking.  It has gotten significantly worse and I would like a resolution to this.  Thank you so much!

Caroline

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userc9FpT5KIUC
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have had this dryer for only 2 1/2 years. Was doing a load of the usual, and heard the WORSE sound ever! Open the door and a Huge hole in the glass....Its tempered glass what the ???? And now I'm told the part isn't available???? Do better Samsung