cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firemanjfrd
Asteroid

Cracked drum Samsung model DV42H5200EF/A3 dryer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought a washer and dryer set about 4 years ago and the dryer drum cracked the beginning of this year.  Can’t really afford to drop money on a new dryer of this caliber on a fireman’s salary. I just paid this set off.  Anyone have the same issue with this model? It’s terrible. I had no idea it was cracked until I heard a banging and then found my son’s school uniforms ripped apart and then looked inside and found the crack.  

This is set is too expensive to replace. Help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cracked drum Samsung model DV42H5200EF/A3 dryer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@  firemanjfrd I would like to investigate. Can you please send a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the serial number of the unit as well? 

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@  firemanjfrd I would like to investigate. Can you please send a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the serial number of the unit as well? 

firemanjfrd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent a message via the link you put in your message.  Just wondering if you received it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@firemanjfrd, yes we have received it. We will be with you shortly. Thank you for your message. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userAh2AirG9Im
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am interested in the resolution of this item.  My unit was purchased in late November in 2016 and drum is cracked right at the weld spot. Samsung support on the phone told me nothing they can doo which is crazy.  My unit was even a higher model DV42H5600EP.  I think the issue is with the quality of the meteal used which is very thin or cheap.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your serial number via private message?

userKNBy65TAL4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this exact same issue. Unit was purchased in late 2016, dryer drum has huge hole which is ripping clothes. What is Samsung's position on this? It's clearly a manufacturing defect but doesn't seem to occur until just outside of the warranty window. What are our options for replacement of the drum? 

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message to the link for further assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKNBy65TAL4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update on this:

Called Samsung customer service on this. They said they will send someone out & as long as it's a manufacturing flaw they will cover it since it's only 5 months out of warranty, however there will be a $100 charge to come assess it regardless.  

I agreed to this. Tech came out, took it apart & sent pictures to Samsung who said it's not covered since it's physical damage. I pointed to the hole surrounded by jagged metal separating from the seam of the drum & asked if he thinks the clothes caused it. He said it's a Samsung issue I would need to take it up with them. 

The dryer is completely apart & I owe $100. He can either put it back together or fix it for an additional $225 right then as he has the new drum in the van, which I agreed to. 

A few takeaways on this:

* $325 was spent on a dryer purchased new for $600 18 months ago.  (had my previous Kenmore dryer 15 years with no issues)

* The 'physical damage - not covered' is a joke, as clothes cannot rip a nole through the metal drum completely along the welded seam.

* It's clear Samsung has no intention of covering these, hence the $100 mandatory fee to ensure you're likely to repair it since you're already paying for repair service. 

* Lastly, this will terminate ALL Samsung purchases made by me moving forward, the refrigerator bought at the same time has now been repaired twice as well in the 1st year. Cheaply made, history of failures reported by customers all over the web & sub-par customer service with bait & switch billing tactics. 

NEVER AGAIN. 

Good luck to all the other suckers, (I mean OWNERS).  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKNBy65TAL4 Could you please private message me with your ticket number so I can provide some further research?