cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userrYyruFfbK0
Constellation

DV40J3000EW/A2 dryer Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've had our DV40J3000EW/A2 dryer for a little over a year, and it stopped heating our clothes. We contacted Samsung twice,  and they said since it was out of the 1 yr warranty, there was nothing they could do. We had a repair professional look at it, and they said they've seen this issue a lot lately. They said the heating element and part of the blower would need to be fixed, but that it would most likely keep breaking every year. I want Samsung to take care of this issue at no cost as soon as possible. 

How I can I get this accomplished? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DV40J3000EW/A2 dryer Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

usery2pEMeMDJv, Could you send us a private message with the model and serial number? Honestly repairs would be recommended. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

236 REPLIES 236
usert6nOmL4IiS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung dryer is a year and a half old and it has also stopped heating. I've confirmed there are no air flow obstructions and am not looking forward to calling the company to see what they'll do about it. So frustrating, an expensive appliance shouldn't stop working at 18 months. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand it is disappointing for any product to fail, whether in-or-out of warranty. We believe in building quality products and make every effort to meet all customer expectations. However, over time, it is possible for a manufactured product to require service or repair. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience is this matter but respectfully, due to the length of time the unit has been out of warranty, there are no accommodations available. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Highlighted
usery2pEMeMDJv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with mine, so you are saying all the people that have posted, have the same issue and have owned their dryer approximately the same length of time that the part has just woren out? I don't think so, it sounds like faulty parts and the company is not willing to fix it. This should be a recall and fix as these are not cheap appliance and people would expect they would last longer than a year. I have had a repair person out twice to fix my washer and now a problem with my dryer, I will never buy another Samsung product again.

Qweenbee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I called Samsung and they said the warranty on the idler pulley is 1 year. the motor is 10 years but none of the other parts. I was disgusted as well that they only warranty their products for 1 year.
Qweenbee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We have replaced our Idler Pulley 2x just this year.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Qweenbee: Are you needing assistance with the dryer?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Qweenbee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know what the problem is. We have to replace this part every few months. If you have additional suggestions or options I would be grateful.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was it replaced by an authorized technician?  

Qweenbee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Of course not. I didn't have 4 days to sit for a call back just to make an appointment,  after spending 2 hours on the phone. I was told it was not covered so I replaced it myself. Which I will continue to do until I can purchase another dryer.