cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useri7WMSAtc9b
Constellation

Re: DV40J3000EW/A2 dryer Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dryer is having the same problem, will not heat.  Vent has been checked and no obstructions.  It runs fine otherwise, just will not heat.  Please help, I sent you a privat message with model and serial numbers.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useri7WMSAtc9b: We've responded to your message.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user8dyULMw41x
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is causing this issue? My dryer will not heat & it turns itself off after about 2 minutes. We've only had it for a little over a year and a half. This shouldn't be happening with a dryer this expensive. Our old Kenmores lasted us 15yrs with absolutely no issues. My daughter is actually still using that Kenmore set that is now 20yrs old & going strong! So what on earth is causing my Samsung to not heat & to shut itself off?? 

userq09UG1CebE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have replaced the pulley (that the belt hooks to) 3 times (twice in the past 5 months) and now it needs to be replaced for the 4th time.

I'm currently looking online for a new dryer.  I will NEVER buy a Samsung washer/dryer again.

usery2pEMeMDJv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with mine, so you are saying all the people that have posted, have the same issue and have owned their dryer approximately the same length of time that the part has just woren out? I don't think so, it sounds like faulty parts and the company is not willing to fix it. This should be a recall and fix as these are not cheap appliance and people would expect they would last longer than a year. I have had a repair person out twice to fix my washer and now a problem with my dryer, I will never buy another Samsung product again.

userObjoTqFuMt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had to replace the heating element in this Dryer now 3 times in 2 years and they told me their is nothing they can do for me! are you kidding me? This dryer is a hunk of crap. 

usera97MdcgMt7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well my dryer just stopped heating our clothes a few days ago. Owned it for just over 2 years. Repair guy coming out tomorrow and I'm afraid he's going to tell me the same problem as everyone else here. Frustrating that so many post the same issue and its not a recall item. 2 years should not be doing this. I've owned Samsung tvs without issue and thats why I trusted Samsung to make dryers. If they tell me its the heating element I will just buy a new dryer and never buy Samsung again.

Highlighted
usery2pEMeMDJv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same problem with mine, so you are saying all the people that have posted, have the same issue and have owned their dryer approximately the same length of time that the part has just woren out? I don't think so, it sounds like faulty parts and the company is not willing to fix it. This should be a recall and fix as these are not cheap appliance and people would expect they wouls last longer than a year. I have had a repair person out twice to fix my washer and now a problem with my dryer, I will never buy another Samsung product again.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

usery2pEMeMDJv, Could you send us a private message with the model and serial number? Honestly repairs would be recommended. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

amyreillys6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems to be the norm here....I've had my washer and dryer for 17 months...washer part has broken twice (small piece at bottom of drum)...replaced at my cost....Now dryer wil not dry and heat!  Are you serious?  Wish someone had a solution...new heating element, new "something"?   I'm handy and repair things....but really...17 months?!  Seriously will never buy Samsung again...incredibly disappointing.  Will look into the recall information again and replace with anything else!