cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereSOyTkJ5AM
Astronaut

Re: DV40J3000EW/A2 dryer Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello I'm experiecing the same issue after owning it for less than 18 months. I'm willing to participate in a class action law suit if there are enough signatures on this list of users.

I've never heard of dryer breaking in such a short of time for so many people-- and that includes the worst-of-the-market brands. This is an issue that needs to be corrected fast!

userJyJZdk8OB8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just found this site. My dryer stopped heating today. I have had it for 2 years. I have already replaced the recalled washer to this set because it was putting brown specks (mold/mildew) all over our clothes. That's another issue with many, many posts. Now the dryer goes. Any ideas on how much the service is going to be? I'm wondering if i should just get a new dryer at this point. have had really bad luck with Samsung Appliances. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJyJZdk8OB8:  Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userAi4satq5WK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model is: DV45H7000EW/A2

Serial number is: ********

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair by using the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userogGBAr0yfP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my washer and dryer exactly 12 months and it stopped heating about 2 weeks ago. After going through everything I can I know that it is my heater element that is not working any more. Mine is a model DVE52M7750V/A3

I want to know what Samsung can do to fix this. If these turn into a class action suit I will be happy to sign up with it 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userogGBAr0yfP Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number here: Private Message Link

userogGBAr0yfP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Message sent
Highlighted
JRamos1009
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine went out about 3 weeks ago. Found this board, sent a mod my model and serial number and was told to unplug, check breaker, turn breaker off then back on and plug back in. That didn't work. 

Purchased a thermal fuse and replaced it. Nothing. Purchased a heating element, thermostat and fuse and replaced it all. Heater started working. This was all replaced on 9/25/18. As of this morning, 10/11/18, my dryer no longer heats.  

Anyone else have fixes that actually worked longer than 2 weeks? 

usereL9tcKeiOl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issue and received the same response from Samsung. We purchased our set in 2017 and it stopped heating last Sunday evening (10/7/18). We called Samsung on Monday, 10/8, and as has been chronicled in the 19+ pages of posts here, were told that it was out of warranty and that there hadn't been enough complaints about the issue. I guess 19+ pages of posts isn't enough.  I replaced the heating element and am amazed out how cheaply made the dryer is. Not sure I'll ever purchase another Samsung product again.