cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timetogo0711
Astronaut

Re: DV40J3000EW/A2 dryer Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue, but it happened 6 months after i bought it. 2 technicians came out and said its fixed. They didnt change anything.  I called the manufacturer and went through a couple steps.  Mainly turn off power to dryer for 2 minutes or more. Powered dryer back on and it started to work for like 20 minutes, then same issue.  I got another service call placed with samsung.  They better fix this dryer issue or start giving back my money or a totally new dryer.

userkiMfQhDk5a
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I to am having the same problem with my dryer we got it in September of 2017 and in October of 2018 it stopped heating I have to dry on the quick dry and it takes 2 cycles of 80 mins to get then dry and I had a repair man from the company I bought it from come look at it and replace something in once already I will never buy another washer or dryer form samsung... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot. It should help.

user4ngmwxLUOa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I sure wish that I had read this before purchasing my set! Right now it is over-heating occasionally (bad belt/tensioner). Now it clunking and in-operable. I will try to repair it this evening, wish me luck. I guess my next problem will be the heating element in about 3 weeks. As said before in this string, "Expensive purchase for 1-year of reliability". Very,, very disappointed in Samsumg brand.
userE1QvgzIkBI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is absolutely a scam. How can it have this much complaints/break downs all within 2 years of acquiring the product. I took screenshot of all this and reached out to my lawyer. This is obviously a workmanship defect.

user0DDpjVAyrL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a DV42H5200EW, and it has stopped heating probably six or seven times now. It's always the thermostats. I've taken to buying the parts in bulk so that I always have them on hand. No telling when it will fail again. Could be months, could be hours. I never bothered to contact Samsung because it didn't happen until my warranty was expired. Luckily I'm comfortable doing this sort of thing myself. I have a family that needs clean clothes, and I can't wait days for a repairman. I am disappointed in the quality of my Samsung dryer. I expected more, and in reading all of these other posts, it appears that I'm not alone. My experience and the experience of this forum in general lead me to conclude that I shouldn't buy any other Samsung appliances in the future. I had high expectations, but Samsung, you let me down.

userTnF3TwyRRv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Washer is garbage also but there is actually a recall on it