cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AronH
Constellation

DV48J7700EW Dryer Idler Pulley Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A few months ago my dryer would not turn on. (Ive had it for 24mo, purchased new from Home Depot)

After opening the back I noticed the belt had come off and the Idler Pulley Wheel was laying in the bottom of the dryer. So I simply slid it back onto the arm and put the belt back on and it ran for about 3 months and fell off again.

Does anyone know if this pulley is supposed to have some sort of retention feature like a clip or something? Ive looked in the bottom of the dryer and cannot find one. Also any ideas why it would work itself off the arm and keep falling off?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DV48J7700EW Dryer Idler Pulley Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry, this is something a service center would need to look at. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

118 REPLIES 118
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry, this is something a service center would need to look at. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userQSTpV6ook3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung dryer DV50K7500GV/A3 with steam, did the exact same thing. Its exactly 17 monrhs old. Dryer stopped spinning, thought belt broke, plastic idler pulley melted and fell off pin, found on bottom of the dryer after my wife said she heard a loud bang.

Samsung should offer new recall or new design, or replace free of charge. $1300 for a dryer I'm going to have to fix every year, NOT. Bought a ball bearing design idler pulley off eBay  $23. Will go back to LG for sure, our LG HE easier and dryer lasted 10+ years without a hiccup .

Tommy Collins
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Can you link us to the wheel you bought off eBay?
Tommy Collins
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Here is a replacement part with a wheel bearing I just found finally: https://goo.gl/VN6wtB

Please do yourselves a favor and buy this now and replace it yourself (watch YouTube videos, it's easy). Don't wait until your motor burns out and you're paying $200+
userkE3lxoM8E5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you Tommy. Sears says the part is backordered and I have been waiting 3 weeks .....
Tommy Collins
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem. Unfortunately even after replacing the pulley wheel for the 3rd time the dryer still has a cyclical squeal for me. I replaced the belt as well just to make sure. Samsung is never getting my business again. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We apologize for the experience.  

Tommy Collins
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's be real. If Samsung truly cared they would be issuing replacement parts/units rather than apologies. 

I expect nothing to be done about this. At least none of my friends or family will ever have to deal with Samsung aplliances.

userMXQ9MW8To6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just replaced wheel alone from Marcone Supply for $8. Did it myself in under 20 minutes.

Probably would require a metal wheel but then what happens to the belt with all that heat. 

I work on steam turbines for a living. This is a bad design for sure, agreed on free replacement of wheel with higher temp polymer or hardened steel that wouldn't destroy the belt.