cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

DV50F9A7E No Heat

My DV50F9A7EVP/A2 dryer has NOT been a very good product!! After about 2 years, it quit heating. I called for service and had a repair man out 3 times to figure it out. He replaced the control board the 1st time, the 2nd time he replaced the wiring harness, and the 3rd time he discovered it was the motor switch that feeds back to indicate the motor was running. Not sure which part we waited on, but one part, Samsung refused to overnight the part. By this time we had been without a dryer for almost a month!! Last year, I had to replace the heating element, for which I bought a complete kit and replaced all the sensors as well. And now, it is blowing the Thermal Fuse. I have done everything suggested. I bought a vent pipe cleaning kit to ensure there is no clog, I ensured the blower and pipe are clear, replaced all the sensors again, and tested the thermistor, which is working (8.3 ohms). I don't know what else to do. I don't want to spend $200 on a control board and risk it NOT being the problem.

I do know this, I am thoroughly disgusted with this dryer. It isn't even 5 years old. Guaranteed I will NOT buy another set from Samsung. Kind of sad too, because I am typically a Samsung lover. I had their phones years, until iPhone. And they have really good TV's, for the most part. But I'm losing confidence in their products now...

I would not recommend Samsung products at this point!!