cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usert8yW7VCjfV
Constellation

DVE45N5300F Dryer wont stop spinning

I've had this dryer for around 15 months. Warranty expired 3 months ago of course. It dries but at the end of a cycle the display shuts off but the dryer keeps tumbling. It seems the heat also stops. The only way to stop the tumbling us to open the door or completely unplug the machine. After searching here it appears I'm not the only one with this same age and model dryer doing the same thing. An appliance like this should not be having issues at only 15 months old.  I'm very careful to remove Lint and not overload so I don't feel it is anything I did. Especially since so many others seem to have the same problem. Was there a recall I didn't know about? Maybe there should be.....

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DVE45N5300F Dryer wont stop spinning

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Have you tried the following?

1.    Make sure that the 3-hr Air-fluff/Wrinkle Prevent option is not on.
2.    Run a light load of clothing. Does it heat?
If the unit does not cut off and runs continuously unplug the unit for about 5 minutes and plug back in if it’s turning then we need more details about if the unit is heating or not.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userroGPqZLuYv
Constellation

I have the same problem with my dryer! 

userpw7kyLVoH0
Constellation

I'm having the same issue and my warranty just expired.Im afraid the motor will burn out 

Any solutions for this issue?

usert8yW7VCjfV
Constellation

I called samsung and they were able to extend my warranty since it had only been a few months since it expired. The repair guy is supposed to come tomorrow but said that he has seen this several times and it is a bad relay. He is supposed to replace the relay tomorow