cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

DVEG-45R6-100 Gas Dryer Short Cycling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our DVEG 45R6-100 gas dryer, new on January 16, 2020 is short cycling (regardless of dry cycle selected). It will run for 3-5 minutes. Can hear the gas burner cycling on and off normally. But then the timer display drops for 42 minutes, or whatever was set, down to a minute or two, and shows only the blinking "Cooling" indicator in the display. It then shuts off and chimes. No error codes. But clothers are obviously nowhere near dry. Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Doug

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DVEG-45R6-100 Gas Dryer Short Cycling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do believe the moisture sensor to be active during all cycles. Please keep us posted if the issue presents itself again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried to reach out to your gas company just to make sure everything is okay?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My whole-house backup generator runs off the same gas line and it's working fine. As I said, I can hear the dryer's gas burner cycling on and off as it should. But after 3-4 cycles, it apparently decides the clothes are dry, goes into cooling mode, and shuts off with the usual chime. No vent blockages; good flow of air to the outside when it's running. Worke fine through yesterday. Problem started this morning.  It did run for the full 20-minute "Air Fluff" cycle (no heat). My wife contacted Samsung and they said they'd have somebody out to look at it on Friday. Thanks for responding.

--Doug

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're welcome! Please keep us update or reach back out if you have any questions or concerns.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I located the moisture sensor bars near the lint filter housing. Although they didn't appear contaminated in any way, I wiped them down well with a damp cloth and then dried them with a paper towel after inspecting them with the help of my cell phone camera. The next morning, I dried a load of clothing on the "Heavy Duty" setting. Later in the day, my wife dried a comforter on the "Bedding" setting, as well as a load of clothes on the "Normal" setting. All the drying sessions ran for the expected amount of time and resulted in properly dried loads. I'm not sure if this action was the reason for success. It's possible that the problem occurred while attempting trying to further dry just three light clothing articles from a larger load that still felt a little damp. They may have been too few to actually contact the moisture sensor bars and trigger continuation of the drying.

One question remains: is the moisture sensor still active during a "Time Dry" cycle such that it can end the cycle before the set time? We had tried that while attempting to get that troublesome small light load dry and found that the cycle ended within just 3-5 minutes, just as our Attempts with other cycle selections did. The only thing we didn't try was the "Quick Dry" cycle, which is the one the manual seems to suggest for small loads.

My wife will be calling to cancel the Samsung repair visit, as the problem seems resolved for now.

Thanks for your responses.

--Doug

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do believe the moisture sensor to be active during all cycles. Please keep us posted if the issue presents itself again.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post