cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

DVG45R6300 NG to LP

Hi,

I am trying to help my step father with his dryer. He had a 3 year old Samsung that started making noises. This was in January and it was proving impossible to get a serviceman out to his house. By February I purchased a new dryer for him but that dryer needs to be converted to LP from NG. The store would barely come into the house for the delivery and like trying to get service on the prior unit, I am unable to get a serviceman to come to his house.

I ordered the LPKIT-4 from Samsung and would do it myself if I had a service manual but Samsung doesn't have it on the support page and when I call them, keep trying to push me into having a professional do it, completely ignoring me when I tell them---I have tried.

I believe I can handle the install of the kit if I can get access to the gas valve. Can anyone tell me how to get access. Is it through the bottom, or by removing the side wrap around piece.

If anyone happens to have the manual that Samsung guards like fort knox, I'd be eternally grateful.

He's been air drying clothes for 8 months since the prior dryer failed completely and this useless dryer has been sitting in his house, wioth the plastic still on it. He has visiting nurses that give me a tough time every week so I'd really like to have this resolved.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: DVG45R6300 NG to LP

the service manual is not easy to found or share, maybe homedepot or sears tech can help you
Highlighted
Constellation

As I stated above, that is simply not an option. I have tried but every retailer I contacted will not send a tech to service an appliance they did not sell. The one that did sell it doesn't have anyone to service my area. Independent serviceman will not come to my area. I have tried for a few months sdo the last resort is doing it myself. I appreciate you want to help but parroting samsung doesn't do that.  I need help doing it myself. Not a suggestion to continue pursuing a path that just wastes time and doesn't get his dryer working.

Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Re: DVG45R6300 NG to LP

ok I checked YouTube for the model and converting lp to NG or for the lpkit 4 and they show steps by steps where is the valve and how access to it. if you can doit , YouTube is your help
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: DVG45R6300 NG to LP

I have searched YouTube, several times in fact, before posting here. My model of dryer has exactly 0 videos and 0 videos showing how to convert from NG to LP for my specific model. There are generic videos showing the conversion and while they are helpful, they don't show how the valve is accessed for my specific model.

Can you please troll elsewhere?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The NG to LP Conversion Kit and Service Manual are both available from samsungparts.com. It is highly recommended to have a qualified technician perform the conversion and installation of any gas appliance, as it can be dangerous if not properly performed. You may wish to contact the gas provider as well, as there may be local installation and inspection codes to be observed as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

While I appreciate the reply and perhaps you stated the obvious for legal reasons but I do believe I have been abunbdently clear on this issue. I have attempted to secure a local Samsun qualified technician. There is a single Samsung authorized agency servicing a 50 mile radius of my zip code and they have not answered their phones in weeks. I even tried getting an independent HVAC technician but none are familiar with my model of dryer.

The suggestion of contacting my LP supplier was thoughtful but I had already done that and they have a policy not to make any recommendations. They also do not have service options.

The only local codes apply to the gas line and shut off which are already in place as there was an LP gas dryer here before.

I will contact Samsung parts although it seems odd something as simple as a service manual would be considered a part.