cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userAPG6UAfPO1
Constellation

Digusting brown sludge in samsung washer

I have the same disgusting brown sludge in my Samsung washer as everyone else.  Very dissatisfied.  I even have a whole house filter for just my washer.  It is so gross.  Nothing makes it go away.  A refund for this washer that I have already had to replace once because of the last recall would be nice.

6 REPLIES 6
tanda103
Asteroid

Re: Digusting brown sludge in samsung washer

I'm experiencing exact same issues and same on the previous recall as well and I couldn't agree more with you. Enough is enough!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out to us! Have you tried the following:

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.

Press Power to turn on the washer.

Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).

Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).

After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.

The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.

When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.

Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.

Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.

If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here:https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/

userFzwrdM7QP4
Constellation

I've been having the same issue with my Samsung washer! I've called multiple times for this issue and nothing is being done. I run self clean at least once every two weeks because of the disgusting brown dirt that's ALWAYS on our clothes after every wash. It's unacceptable and if Samsung does not have a solution for this problem (which it seems like they don't because it's been an issue with different washers for YEARS), then they should refund everyone with this issue so we can buy new washers (that's not a Samsung brand) because it's absolutely disgusting seeing brown dirt all over our clothes after each cycle when they are supposed to be clean. Horrible products! Never again will I buy washers and dryers from Samsung!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userFzwrdM7QP4 I understand how this can be frustrating can I have your full model and serial number in private message

The-dino
Halo

Run self clean regularly and leave the washer door open when not in use

userVlH3tFk4xk
Asteroid

I've been having the SAME EXACT issue and am completely disgusted. I've done everything I was supposed to, run pure cycle regularly, leave door open when not in use, etc etc... I've been running it with hot water and no clothes, cleaning it out each time for the past 5 days thinking eventually it would HAVE to run clean but it hasn't. I'm so upset at this point and want real solutions. What is samsung doing to fix this problem!? Clearly it's a defect if ALL these people have the exact same issue.