cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userrDWYybGrRq
Constellation

Dirt and residue

Thank you for all of your posts.  You've answered my questions. It's DISGUSTING.  After I'm finished running this last self clean cycle I'm going to take apart the middle circle where an agiataor would be.  When I purchased this machine in December of 2015 it was listed as one of 3 top machines in Consumer Reports.  Then less than 1 year later it was recalled.  I chose to replace with a new washer thinking it was a better option than fixing a machine that could explode.  I bought the new version. My mistake.  I should have chosen the Bravos like my mom.  My warranty is up and I'm terribly disappointed, I'll never purchase Samsung products again. 

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dirt and residue

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userrDWYybGrRq
Constellation

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpgCan’t even get in there to clean it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

userKLtdHiqytF
Asteroid

I've had Samsung phones still do, love am just got my first sam steam dryer,  bought a new idler pully based om the thiusanfs if reports, so u dont have to wait when it goes,   this can all be avoided with a simple collar adapter to make a more secure connection,  one end male one female.

Simply put it's the connection from lint trap exit to internal duct pipe, it's leaking lint internaly 

From what I can tell it's a poor coupling of the lint blower to the exhaust duct in the front end if the machine.   That's what's causing massive lint build-up inside the mechanical area of the dryers, because of poor internal coupling over time, lint that should remain in the duct , 

Much leaks into the pully,  drum roller wheels and creates friction over time.  Potentially a FIRE, and shock because there is water pipe into steam dryers.

I will not buy a Samsung washer, based on the very poor , yet EASILY avoided design flaws, of this dryer.  What I will buy are the computing,  and communications products.  I switched my printer to Samsung 3 years ago after being hp loyal, then brother and Lexmark.  However seems Samsung decided to make me goto hp,  by selling printer line to  hp!

What's it going to take for Samsung appliance  dept to become better design? House fires?  I can't remember if my microwaves,  oh it's Panasonic, thank God.  Samsung you are making easily avoided major mistakes, you will lose loyal consumers like me, if you do not correct. 

*all mods no need to send me a message,  if you want to really help, tell your boss at the 3rd party company you're at to send my message to Samsung corporate, USA,  Canada,  Korea.