cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userrDWYybGrRq
Constellation

Dirt and residue

Thank you for all of your posts.  You've answered my questions. It's DISGUSTING.  After I'm finished running this last self clean cycle I'm going to take apart the middle circle where an agiataor would be.  When I purchased this machine in December of 2015 it was listed as one of 3 top machines in Consumer Reports.  Then less than 1 year later it was recalled.  I chose to replace with a new washer thinking it was a better option than fixing a machine that could explode.  I bought the new version. My mistake.  I should have chosen the Bravos like my mom.  My warranty is up and I'm terribly disappointed, I'll never purchase Samsung products again. 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dirt and residue

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUEC1BzmaEr
Asteroid

your solution doesnt work

we have tried everything in the last few years

bleach, vinager, backing soda, washing machine self cleaning agents - nothing get rid of this.

also when i shake the basket (even the day after a load of laundry) you can hear the leftover water sloshing around in the bottom basket.

userrDWYybGrRq
Constellation

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpgCan’t even get in there to clean it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

userKLtdHiqytF
Asteroid

I've had Samsung phones still do, love am just got my first sam steam dryer,  bought a new idler pully based om the thiusanfs if reports, so u dont have to wait when it goes,   this can all be avoided with a simple collar adapter to make a more secure connection,  one end male one female.

Simply put it's the connection from lint trap exit to internal duct pipe, it's leaking lint internaly 

From what I can tell it's a poor coupling of the lint blower to the exhaust duct in the front end if the machine.   That's what's causing massive lint build-up inside the mechanical area of the dryers, because of poor internal coupling over time, lint that should remain in the duct , 

Much leaks into the pully,  drum roller wheels and creates friction over time.  Potentially a FIRE, and shock because there is water pipe into steam dryers.

I will not buy a Samsung washer, based on the very poor , yet EASILY avoided design flaws, of this dryer.  What I will buy are the computing,  and communications products.  I switched my printer to Samsung 3 years ago after being hp loyal, then brother and Lexmark.  However seems Samsung decided to make me goto hp,  by selling printer line to  hp!

What's it going to take for Samsung appliance  dept to become better design? House fires?  I can't remember if my microwaves,  oh it's Panasonic, thank God.  Samsung you are making easily avoided major mistakes, you will lose loyal consumers like me, if you do not correct. 

*all mods no need to send me a message,  if you want to really help, tell your boss at the 3rd party company you're at to send my message to Samsung corporate, USA,  Canada,  Korea.   

userUEC1BzmaEr
Asteroid

I have the model - WA48H7400AW/A2 with same recall, and same disgusting brown residue. And have ran multiple cleaning cycles to no avail. The posted solution to all of these brown sludge problems DOES NOT WORK and is misleading. One lady at Samsung said that the drain wholes can become misaligned in this model series. So you can see how that would lead to water being left behind in the lower basket and allow this brown sludge to form accumulate.

And the recall refund offer was a slap in the face. mine is 5 years old and was only offered $34 for a refund. Obviously this is a very wide spread problem for this model series. Just look at all the complaints and pics in these forms.

i went the route of repair to fix the brown sludge reside issues that is common with these units. and it had been a nightmare and a waist of two months trying to get someone to honor the promised "one time out of warranty repair for my washing machine". I contacted a Samsung moderator in one of the other brown sludge Disgusting forms (which i cannot reply to now). and was told a tech would be out to thoroughly inspect my washing machine and repair it. First tech (Tekniton) showed up with a camera (no tools) and did not even begin to disassemble the unit. I HAD to pull of the pulsator cap to show him the brown sludge underneath! - later found out that Tekniton is a worthless company.

then i was told i had to complete the recall and then they would address the real problem of the brown sludge residue. and that after the recall was completed, i would have a renewed 1 year warranty.

with recall complete, set up for tech to come out to address the real issue. Then the evening before, Tekniton left a message saying that there was mold and cancelled my appointment. I called Samsung back, and was 100% assured that a tech would arrive the next day as scheduled to inspect my washing machine and my appointment was confirmed still active. Guess who didnt show up? Tekniton. I took the day off just to be here all day for Tekniton to bail on my assured appointment.

Called Tekniton to ask why i have not heard from the Tech yet, and was told that since my machine had rust and mold they were not coming out. I ask where the result for mold came from and what type of mold it was? Then it changed to your machine shows signs of rust and in the pics and it looked like mold or mildew. So they claimed mold with no verification. And they were not coming out because Samsung doesnt cover mold. That is not the case because Samsung requested form them to come. Samsung approved for a tech to come out and thoroughly inspect the unit and perform repairs as necessary. Maybe they are claiming the residue is rust with is insane – rust doesn’t smudge. there is way to much residue and too little rust on this unit to add up. plus when the residue is on my clothes, you have to be careful not to smudge it when removing it to prevent staining more clothes. there is no way this is rust buildup.

Called Samsung back, and they said they didnt know why Tekniton was refusing to come out.

Since i do have some rust around the bleach reservoir, that is another recall and they will now have a tech come out to address that. And then i have to press the tech to look at the brown sludge residue. so that they will indicate there are other issues with the unit that need repaired. Now Tekniton refused to accept the job to repair the bleach rust recall. And i am waiting for Samsung to find another company to accept the job.

Two months in still un-resolved. Samsung still has not even got a tech to come out, disassemble the unit to find out what is the actual problem. From the form, i know others with the same issue has at least had a tech come out to disassemble and inspect the unit. I cannot even get that to happen and now i am even under warranty.

Samsung promised a one time out of warranty inspection and repair for this issue. Then assured me that now that i am in warranty after the recall repair, that they will finally have someone inspect and repair my unit. After two months, nothing but headaches and still continue to get brown sludge on my cloths and see lots of it in the cleaning cycles. And i have to run not one but two cleaning cycles back to back. if you only run one, the next load of clothes with be covered in brown sludge residue. This all is just unbelievable. And Samsung need to sever their ties with Tekniton or at least in the Charlotte, NC area.

model - WA48H7400AW/A2

SN - 0BHH5AUF101241R

first ticket - 4150734084 / second ticket 4150957872 / special claim # 5123497304IMG_20190809_174742.jpgIMG_20190809_174758.jpgIMG_20190904_155143.jpgIMG_20190809_174714.jpg

userkFq3OdCd5F
Constellation

I see on this site that I am not alone in having this problem. The more I self clean it seems the dirt or whatever it is just keeps coming. Getting really tired of this!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userkFq3OdCd5F Please send a private message with the full model code and serial number of the washer, along with any pictures you may have of the residue. http://bit.ly/2XERsky