JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Washer - Residue (All Types)

(Topic created: 03-17-2021 02:25 PM)
user3Gs0X9mNnc
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This morning was the final straw. Model # WA45H7000AW/A2 has had these flakes and sludge looking things ending up on my clothes and in the tub for about 3 years now. I thought it was an old piece of paper that got stuck somewhere and has been coming off in pieces over time. This morning my clothes were cover more than ever before so I did some research and found out this is an ongoing issue and that it's MOLD. Not only have we been in a pandemic but I find out that I've been washing and wearing clothes that have been covered in mold for 3 years!!! This is completely unacceptable SAMSUNG!!!!!

33 Replies
usernaLy8BGkwq
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the exact same issue. I spent 5 hours on the phone with Samsung last week and they refused to even acknowledge it was an issue!! They said they hadn’t received any reports of mold on these washers! Boldface lie. Horrifying how negligent they are being. This is a clear health and safety issue! 

toledorick
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the a Samsung Washer  (WA48H7400AW/A2) top loader and for the past months, no matter what I have tried, even doing the self clean every day, the washer leaves all the dirt on the bottom of the tumbler and side walls. So when I take the clothes out, they are all cover in dirt. How can this be clean? or is there an issues with my washer?

Also, lately, the softener tray, its always full of water. But not the detergent tray.

I attached a photo of the dirt at the bottom of the tumbler.

Please Samsung do not remove this post. You removed it already and said that this problem was solved here (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Washers-and-Dryers/Samsung-Washer-Residue-All-Types/m-p/1416525) which it did not have a solution to its problem and is not the same as mine. I do not have mold in my machine. What I have is literally dirt that does not drain out from the washer but it stays after every wash and it sticks to the clothes after been wash. On top of that, I had use the self cleaning multiple times a day, in a week and all to still have dirt in the washer. Nothing has remove the dirt besides my literally using a vacuum every time after a wash. I attached the photo the dirt can be seeing by someone who may have a solution. As you can see, is not mold but dirt and lots of it. Also there is dirt on the side walls of the machine evertime.

rsz_20210316_174346.jpg

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

The troubleshooting steps in that post would be able to help you with this, however, if you are still experiencing dirt inside the unit after completing those steps you may want to check your drain hose. Make sure the hose is not inserted more than 6 inches. If you haven't already run the Spin-only cycle. Pour liquid chlorine bleach into the detergent compartment and fill it to the max line. Do NOT use the bleach compartment. Allow the washing machine to dry. Leave the lid or door open to let the washing machine dry. Also, leave the detergent drawer open to help it dry as well. After, completing this service is required. 

Here are a few service options and ways you can request service: 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.

-You can contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung or visit our Facebook and Twitter Support Pages for service.

Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport

Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513

-Or you can use the following link below to request service.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes